Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UTI again. what can I tske after having C. diff

UTI again. what can I tske after having C. diff

Ive had all sorts of health problems lately.

Kidney stones, c. Diff, cellulitus.

Now I have a uti again.* Seems ddifferent this time. At night I wake up to soaked clothes. I have never had a problem with leaking. I get uo and cath and get like 1000+ ml.

Is this because of the uti?

Since I just had C. Diff. , I'm worried about what antibiotic.I can take. .

I have like s milky discharge at the end of my IC.

You need to get a C and S and ask your doctor for the entire list of antibiotics the bug is senstive to and decide between you the one least likely to cause a recurrance. Personally, I get c. diff everytime I need IV antibiotics while some orals just bother my stomach a bit. Different bacteria can cause different symptoms.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

A milky discharge at the end is one of the indications of a prostrate infection, another is recurrent uti's of the same bacteria.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig80 View Post
    A milky discharge at the end is one of the indications of a prostrate infection, another is recurrent uti's of the same bacteria.
    I have exactly the same thing. But there does not seem to be a good cure. Last time I was on Levaquin for 6 weeks, which caused bowel issues, and anyway is hardly a long term solution. I don't think they can put me on an antibiotic for months at a time every six months, can they?

Everything is like, we know what it is but can't do anything; or we know what it is but what we want to do might or might not work or might cause problems almost as bad as the thing you're trying to cure; or we don't know what's causing that at all.

I hope it isn't a prostrate infection xsf, they are a nightmare. 6 weeks is not long enough from my experience, more like 80-90 days. Once you get a prostrate infection, the chance of it recurring are high. In my experience it's a really difficult infection to eradicate, and if the bug becomes resistant, the fun really starts.

Prostate = male endocrine organ at the base of the bladder which wraps around the urethra.

Prostrate = To put or throw flat with the face down, as in submission or adoration.

Don't confuse these two words. Very different meanings!

(KLD)
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 12-26-2012 at 08:52 PM.

That doesn't sound good. I've been battling the same bug for a long time now. But there was 4 months where I was disease-free. Can these infections remain dormant for that long, or do you think I re-caught it from somewhere else?

Also did it make you really tired, even when there were no other symptoms?

I never did get a consistent answer to my question about C&S in the other thread by the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig80 View Post
    I hope it isn't a prostrate infection xsf, they are a nightmare. 6 weeks is not long enough from my experience, more like 80-90 days. Once you get a prostrate infection, the chance of it recurring are high. In my experience it's a really difficult infection to eradicate, and if the bug becomes resistant, the fun really starts.

Thank you nameless SCI nurse, I hope no one was confused by my mistake, and apologize to anyone who thought I was referring to laying down in submission.
    Last edited by Craig80; 12-26-2012 at 06:42 PM.

I believe early on in my case the bacteria was eradicated as I went about 2 years before getting another infection, and my guess was it was reinfected by a uti. I wouldn't know if a bacteria could lay dormant for 4 months after a course of antibiotics, but if it's the same bacteria every uti it's suspicious. Have you had a PSA? It'll should be elevated with a prostate infection. My symptoms were discomfort in my groin at first along with tiredness and a feeling something isn't right. Eventually when the bug became resistant the pain was unbearable, and I opted for surgery.

i'd say try to get as much pre and probiotics as possible. i use the nature's way primadolphilus optima and it works great and honestly cant hurt.
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/