Thread: E-Motion M 15 broken spokes

E-Motion M 15 broken spokes

On behalf of a friend who is frustrated by continually breaking his spokes I am asking how many people have had problems with spokes breaking using M 15 E-Motion wheels?

I asked a similar question in the past but now that the E-Motion wheels (specifically M 15 wheels) have been out for a few years whether other people have had problems. I have broken my fair share of spokes, had mine completely re-spoked and changed to 0° camber instead of 3.

Anyway this friend of mine is wanting to take some action against Alber in the form of a complaint to hopefully get a fix and he wanted to know how common it is.

Cheers

My spokes break alot on the M-15 wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Numbum View Post
    My spokes break alot on the M-15 wheels
    How long have you had the M 15 E-Motion wheels? Do you have any camber on them? How many spokes have you broken?

Thanks for your reply, I didn't think miraculously that 3 people including myself were suffering the broken spoke problem. Anybody else have the same problem?

Cheers

Western Australia - Hammer wielding daemon
    If rims are out of round re-spoke by tension will fail. Spokes should be the same length, not tension. Count the turns. Pitch when you pluck them need not be the same. Double wall rims are better, but spokes should be stronger than rims to keep them round. Holes for stronger spokes should be carefully machined. You want the length of each spoke to be the same to form a true circle.

Quote Originally Posted by zagam View Post
    If rims are out of round re-spoke by tension will fail. Spokes should be the same length, not tension. Count the turns. Pitch when you pluck them need not be the same. Double wall rims are better, but spokes should be stronger than rims to keep them round. Holes for stronger spokes should be carefully machined. You want the length of each spoke to be the same to form a true circle.
    With all due respect zagam, yet another overcomplicated response to a simple problem defined in the above postings. The spokes are always fixed by someone who has far more experience than you and I so I would say your comments are somewhat irrelevant. Do you have a pair of E-Motion M 15 wheels? They are an extremely expensive device and this shouldn't be happening. I had the previous model (M 12) and many problems but not one broken spoke. I use the device all day every day and want feedback from others who are either suffering broken spokes or don't have any problems whatsoever.

Cheers

I've had my emotions (M15) since July or August and haven't had any issues with the spokes. For a while I couldn't figure out what error code one of my wheels was beeping, and once I realized I had a slow leak in the tube & replaced the tube the error code went away. Apparently the wheels are smarter than me...