Thread: How to get return sensation in your legs!

How to get return sensation in your legs!

After being a complete paraplegic for three years. I am getting sensation in my feet, calves, and thighs!

How many times have your legs felt dead? How annoyed have you been by waiting for your legs to "wake up"?

Wait no further! I have tried and found true way to fix this annoying paralysis. It's very simple. First, from what I have learned this odd phenomena happens when the nerve channel has been "pinched off" long enough to prevent the flow of ions that relays the message to your brain (feel free to correct me if I am wrong). The tingling sensation is the eventual reestablishment of the ion transport that is indicative of normal nerve function. So how could one get the ions flowing again so you don't have to suffer the annoying and sometimes agonizing pain of being paralyzed? Easy, pump the nerve channel to promote the ion flow. For your foot it is real easy. Do the following next time during your rehabilitation. On the back of your calf where the two muscles comes together there is a "pressure point" that when pushed will pump those ions; this area is associated with the "sciatic nerve". It is easy to locate because it is very sensitive. I am sure there are others here who could give a much better description than myself.

Wiggle your toes. Give it a try!

Hey Twiggles,

What are you talking about?

Nurse Donna,

Releasing nerve pathways so that complete paraplegics can transmit electrochemical impulses properly. Nerve impulses carry sensation information from nerve endings in the legs to the brain, as well as instructions from the brain to the parts of the body. So for my lack of understanding and speculation as to why it works I can say that without doubt it does work based on my own empirical experience. So go ahead and find that pressure point.

My parents still don't believe me when I tell then I regained sensation in my legs and can wiggle my toes.

Give it a try. You need sensation before you can walk again!

hey twiggles how long after you started this technique did you start to get sensation back to your legs. i would like to talk to you further about this, i would like to have your email address.

thanks

What is the angle of the dangle of the pressure point? Where exactly is it located? How many inches below where the upper leg joins with calf and is it located in the middle of the calf? And if your parents dont beleive that you can wiggle your toes, why dont you just show them while you do it? I would think that seeing would be beleiving.

Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee:
    What is the angle of the dangle of the pressure point?
    That's funny! Push straight on; you'll know when you hit the right spot! (Where have I heard that before?)
    Originally Posted by Curt leatherbee:
    Where exactly is it located? How many inches below where the upper leg joins with calf and is it in the middle?
    For my lack of general anatomy knowledge, the best I could say is that it would be about three to four inches below the back of your knee just about the center of the calf. It is right about where the two calf muscles come together. It is where the sciatic (?) nerve kind of ends in your calf before it goes to your feet.

Maybe this picture will help:

Either 35 or 36 are the ones your trying to hit. I know it sounds goofy but it does work for me!
    Originally posted by Curt Leatherbee:

And if your parents dont beleive that you can wiggle your toes, why dont you just show them while you do it?
    I am in the process of making a video and sending a video to my parents.
    hey twiggles how long after you started this technique did you start to get sensation back to your legs. i would like to talk to you further about this, i would like to have your email address.

thanks
    Killastang,

Check your private topics.

Just a couple of questions.

If you're complete para, how would you know that this pressure point is "sensitive"?

Secondly, you say you've been paraplegic for 3 years and yet, you registered in december 2004 and said you were injured the year before "last year". How does this add up to 3?

Just wonderin'
    lway

Wait no further! I have tried and found true way to fix this annoying paralysis
    Only annoying?

But wait! If you call before midnight tonight, you can receive, at no extra charge.... INCONTINENCE!! Yes, that's right, folks, for absolutely no charge, you, too can have to use a catheter to pee....