Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone snowmobile?

Anyone snowmobile?

Well, even if you don't, you gotta love 'em - they already come equipped with hand-controls by default.

I would love to drive a snowmobile, however not sure if any C6 quads have been able to pull it off (I've seen C7 quads do it however). Anyone know?

Here are three sweet videos of SCI'ers going sleddin' - the first shows a para going on a several mile trek, the second shows Trevor Moen, the purported best para snowmobiler alive, and the last videos shows a female getting in on the fun - Jana "Banana" Shafler going on a trek in CO.

Check 'em out: http://www.spinalpedia.com/blog/2012...asily-adapted/
    May the fetus you save be gay

I clicked that and it said reported attack page. I hope it's just a false positive but you should run a virus check. Is the video on you tube instead?

I used to snowmobile quite a bit and would like to buy my own but I need a better storage solution first.
    Andrew

I tried it, but my thermal regulation is so bad that it took me hours to recover. It was shitloads of fun and as a para pretty easy to get on/off but man I was cold.

I'm a T 5/6 and I snowmobile. I use a strap to keep my legs together and I have a back rest on my sled.

I have a Trail Roamer,There were not many made. You sit inside it,also there was a snowmobile in the 70's called a Raider, you sit in those too,but they don't have reverse like the Roamer.I am also a C-6 and could probably ride a regular sled (with a modified backrest)just google them,
    Nelson
    C-6,complete

Hey Everyone,
    I just bought a snowmobile in November and I am really looking forward to using it this winter. I had a backrest put on it but other than that its mostly stock. I had a rack also installed that hopefully my chair can sit on and I can strap it down... I'm pretty sure I will have to flip my chair upside down to keep it on the back of the sled.

Another tip I once heard is that you can put velcro on the bottom of your pants and the soft side of the velcro on the seat, to keep you put of course.

I will try and post some pics once I have the setup all dialed in.

Here is a pic with my little guy sitting on it.
    Last edited by Jim; 12-27-2012 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    I tried it, but my thermal regulation is so bad that it took me hours to recover. It was shitloads of fun and as a para pretty easy to get on/off but man I was cold.
    Would LOVE to but have T8's cold worries. Even if I stole a man's heat and brought fur, it would take a while. So cold outside tonight - even my cat backed away from the door! lol
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I Think that the cold would kill me off. You can rent them and ride up to Crater Lake, about 2.5 hour drive from here. Maybe if I could get my hands on the very best boots, my feet freeze ridding my hand cycle, let alone a snow mobile. But it would be fun to try, and I could warm up in the truck afterwords. Damn, putting ideas in my head.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

A lot of the newer sleds have feet warmers, I know a few people that have that option, and they have to turn it off they get so warm. Even have heated jackets/helmets to go along with the hand and foot warmers.

My biggest concern is getting stuck, as most of the riding here is in the road ditches. Well, also having a $10k sled, and only about 1-2 weeks of ride-able snow a year..
    T8/9 (2-24-06)
    IOWA

I had Polaris 500 Classic for two years and sold it to a friend cheap on the condition I could ride it whenever I wanted. That was 8 years ago, I have not rode it since.

For me it is too much work for the satisfaction I get from it. I am C6-7 and while getting on/off is easy enough, I want to ride it a lot harder than my body will allow. My daughter is to the age she might like to go for a ride so I may take her but other than that I doubt I will get back on one, now a RAZR with tracks would change my tune on "Snowfun"....