Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: so i should be in a "facility"

Case there's not much I can say that hasn't already been said. Just please try to consider the source. First, she's elderly and obviously hasn't changed her ideas from her own time and second she's family. Sometimes family seem to think they know what's best. She seems like one of those people at the super market that one would comment on how brave or what an inspiration a person in a chair is.

I have noticed lately a lot of ab people complaining of every ache and pain. Complaining on how they can't seem to do as much as they did 5 or 6 years ago. I just sit there and listen. It's not that they don't have a right to complain, of course they do. It's just that it's a double standard: if your disabled and complain you're a whiner. If your ab your just stating a fact of life on aging. I think we were brain washed in rehab to not complain or it would look as though we were looking for sympathy or worse yet unaccepting (sp) of our disability. I have come to terms with that double standard years ago. Whether in pain or just having a challenging chair day I'll say in passing, as others would, and not worry what others think. Been on my butt way to long to worry about that. You and I know how hard and long we worked at our jobs. It wasn't easy but we made it look easy.

What I'm saying is when you finally hit a certain mile stone in your disability you have to try and let the ignorance of others fade. I know you're in pain and it must be difficult to live with that level of pain 24/7. I don't believe you need to be in a facility. What would that do. You still would have pain.

Don't listen to others. You would be surprised on how jealous others are of you for all you have done with your circumstances and they haven't even come close to doing what you did. That's where some of it comes from. They have their own issues to deal with because they possibly feel inferior to your accomplishments.

Please continue to vent. That is what cc is here for. The forum is no different than family and friends. Some understanding some not. There's no place on earth that is a utopia where all agree and understand.

I hope you have a Merry Christmas and Happy holiday and that your pain level can move down the scale at least long enough to enjoy the day.

you have no idea how much your post encouraged me. tried to send pm, didn't work. thank you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by pararich View Post
    I'm sorry you've been dealing with pain, Cass.
    I have chronic pain myself.
    Surgeons cut my back open, top to bottom, to put things back together.
    I almost didn't make it.
    Given my injury, life is obviously difficult.
    I'm so impressed with all your accomplishments in life.
    I wonder where it would go, if you continued a conversation with the woman who offended you. I'm so curious to know what her intent was. I wish you could let her know how her comment hurt you.
    thank you. the support from this community is what gets me thru the nights, like tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Coleen View Post
    Here it is, 2:44am & I can't sleep thru the pain - I can only imagine how you feel, Cass. I wih you'd call me, my friend. Please try to have a good Christmas!
    coleen, thank you. i'm very shy but i should call. i have to get up the nerve....i have trouble calling ppl feel like a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by pararich View Post
    I'm sorry you've been dealing with pain, Cass.
    I have chronic pain myself.
    Surgeons cut my back open, top to bottom, to put things back together.
    I almost didn't make it.
    Given my injury, life is obviously difficult.
    I'm so impressed with all your accomplishments in life.
    I wonder where it would go, if you continued a conversation with the woman who offended you. I'm so curious to know what her intent was. I wish you could let her know how her comment hurt you.
    i am so very grateful for the advice i've had here and for the opportunity to vent. i thank everybody who has read/written to me. thank you, merry christmas or whatever holiday you are celebrating.

I think I posted here already, but just wanted to re-iterate to consider the source. Just let it go, and ignore it. You know best. Look what you have handled so far. And your kid is still home to change lightbulbs!

My 94 y.o mother in law, who can not walk in a sraight line, and needs her cane to go 2 steps thinks that I need her to get up and pick up anything I drop. But he time she makes it across the room, I could pick it up 100 times, but we still go through it every time,
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

spent over 17 hour in emergency for pain is a bitch was high as a kite was on everything they had .. gioog nites sleeep will help

Quote Originally Posted by all-buggered-up View Post
    spent over 17 hour in emergency for pain is a bitch was high as a
    kite was on everything they had .. gioog nites sleeep will help
    dowdy, i wish you were here or more, i wish i lived in aussie. i loved it there. i almost went to er myself tonight. my cath was giving me fits. some vodka calmed it down for now. i hate this. dowdy, i hope to see you again.