Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: so i should be in a "facility"

consider the source & remember your abilities, not your disabilities!

It is hard to know what she exactly means by "facility" as that can be a variety of things. I'd give her the benefit of meaning well and being ignorant, but the part about her not believing you are in pain is very offensive.
    I don't blame you for your feelings Cass.

Quote Originally Posted by cass View Post
    my son's grandma wrote and said she wished i was in a facility with the best of care. WTF? i worked, raised my son and now i should be in a facility?? talk about insulting, depressing, ignorant...i still can't believe it.
    Do you tell this lady how much you suffer with pain and such? If so, maybe it came from a good place rather than a negative one. If she hasn't seen or spoken to you in years, then yes, it's an odd thing to say.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cass View Post
    my son's grandma wrote and said she wished i was in a facility with the best of care. WTF? i worked, raised my son and now i should be in a facility?? talk about insulting, depressing, ignorant...i still can't believe it.
    Maybe she meant a spa in The Carribean? Ask her if she's picking up the tab for Christmas.

strange thing to say to someone.
    I wonder if she uses the word invalid too.

Never mind though, you dont need a facility. no need to be insulted or depressed. I thought the comment about her dementia was funny.

Some of the messages you post on FB really make me worry about you; I have to admit.

Other than that, where is she getting her info? Your son? You have a very nice home from pictures I've seen ... maybe they want to force you out for a piece of it? Then I'm always suspicious of family so what do I know ...
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

cass, any frequent flyer of these forums would/should give pause for concern for you. you've posted some alarming things about your mental state/quality of care that you're been receiving. also the recent increased issues with pain.

does this mean you need to be in a facility? no. but you could benefit from better care all around, including your doctors.

however, a letter from some hag you havent even spoken to in years doesnt deserve this much time and energy. next time she sends you something, if it isnt a check, throw it away.
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

The stupid bitch probably thinks because she is considering a nursing home that you should also. Shes what in her 80's at least dementia may be beginning. shes not as you. tell her wwhen is she moving into a nurding home- even better send her a list of nursings homes for xmas.

crypt, been here a long time. yes, this has been tough yr since pelvic pain started in april. geesh, i thought this was safe place to come and say my true feelings in middle of the night when pain has been so bad. now i don't think so. i have very good helper. she comes in couple hrs/day and nobody comes on weekends. i also have few issues w/doctors. so. i take your post to tell me to shut up. i will. sorry. i even looked at my posts over 4-5 pages. i didn't see much there but somebody in pain.
    Last edited by cass; 12-22-2012 at 04:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Some of the messages you post on FB really make me worry about you; I have to admit.

Other than that, where is she getting her info? Your son? You have a very nice home from pictures I've seen ... maybe they want to force you out for a piece of it? Then I'm always suspicious of family so what do I know ...
    she gets her info from her deadbeat son (my son's dad), who i also have no contact with any more since i don't give him money. i will stay off fb late at night when i am in so much pain.