Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 16x18+1 85 Degree TiLite TR3

My wife doesn't push me a lot, but in the past month she noted two times that my new TR3 pushes easier; I do not know why this would be, but this is not the type of thing she pays attention to...
    Last edited by Brianm; 12-17-2012 at 11:02 AM.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

I'm very tempted to go for 3.5" COG from 2" (ZRA) after reading SCI_OTR's comment about it being front heavy still. The rounded end is definitely more aesthetically pleasing.

But considering that my dump is 4" as opposed to the 2" of this chair, I wonder if the handling will be the same and if it'll be tippy.
    C5-C6 ASIA C - October 15, 1984
    Tilite ZRA Series 2
    The DIGITAL AWAKENING
    Living One Day At A Time
    www.petertan.com/blog/

Quote Originally Posted by petertan View Post
    I'm very tempted to go for 3.5" COG from 2" (ZRA) after reading SCI_OTR's comment about it being front heavy still. The rounded end is definitely more aesthetically pleasing.

But considering that my dump is 4" as opposed to the 2" of this chair, I wonder if the handling will be the same and if it'll be tippy.
    3.5" cog is very easy to flip.
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by petertan View Post

I wish I could tell you for certain. One of the TR3's in our pipeline does have more dump and has a seat size that I can fit in. It may take a few weeks, but I'll have a better idea when that chair arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by amyk View Post
    i have an 'ofl' question: all other dimensions being equal, how much extra ofl would be represented by extra front angle? for example, if the current chair with an 85 degree front has an ofl of 25.1, would a chair of the same measurement but with an 80 degree front have an ofl of... half an inch extra? one inch extra?
    I've been told it is ~ 1.25" for every 5 degrees.

Thanks for this. This is very similar to the spec mine will be. Mine is to be 16x18, but 19" fsh and 15.5 rsh are probably what mine will measure although I'm toying with a ergo seat and am also toying with fsh of 18.5" and rsh of 15". (Current chair is 16x16, 19.5 fsh and 16" rsh.)

ok my tr2 is not tippy either but front heavy at 3.5 cog , 18.5 fsh and 14.5 rsh, 92 deg fixed back at 17 high. . i moved it to 4 cog, perfect now.

thank you, thats helpful. i have a very limited amount of space in my bathroom for turning around, and would like to be able to consider a wider angle - about +1.25 " is doable.

any insight on the cog changes would also be useful - my current tr2 has about 4-4.5 (square end) but i may need to lengthen the frame to use with my new yamaha jwx1 wheels. i need to add that to the 1.25 to estimate my new total.

t8...am actually also in process of attempting get driver license reinstated. That is 10+ years old and 1st need get by a pile of neurological issues. If get past that, like hand-eye coordination and speed among some, I think am capable of getting by others. Tried about 1-1/2 years ago they said i passed state requirement but a bit slow. Have practiced a lot of hand-eye with eyes closed.

Quote Originally Posted by sowseng View Post
    It looks like plus 2 inches insdeed of 1 inches.

Just heard from none other than Doug Garven himself. There is an additional 1/2" of tubing before the bend on a standard TR3 frame. Technically speaking, that makes this a 16x18+1.5" 85 degree frame.