Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: tilite side guards

according to this http://www.tilite.com/assets/pdf/RIG...S_Z_Series.pdf section 6, if series2 is the same. it says you can tighten the screws to make them non-removable. if that's so, i could raise them up 3/4" and lock them in.

well hell, after thinking, i probly couldn't fold my backrest down then. i gotta figure out something by tomorrow or just not get the damn things at all, lol.

rollin....I have the small carbon fiber and 26" wheels. They appear same height as you are asking.

Quote Originally Posted by rlmtrhmiles View Post
    rollin....I have the small carbon fiber and 26" wheels. They appear same height as you are asking.
    miles, what are your seat heights?

I have 26" knobbies and standard side-guards are not even close to fitting. I had customs made by TiLite and they are hinged so they fold down but you have to remove your cushion. If I don't fold them down my seat back will not fold all the way. I never would have bought customs myself but Southwest airlines was kind enough to loose my previous standard pair during transport. They height may make it difficult for some people to transfer.
    "Nothing ventured, nothing gained." - My Grammie

Quote Originally Posted by aidan416 View Post
    I have 26" knobbies and standard side-guards are not even close to fitting. I had customs made by TiLite and they are hinged so they fold down but you have to remove your cushion. If I don't fold them down my seat back will not fold all the way. I never would have bought customs myself but Southwest airlines was kind enough to loose my previous standard pair during transport. They height may make it difficult for some people to transfer.
    wow, are they too small or what?

i decided 17w x 16d. i'm getting a lil tight in the 16w, lol.

Yes you can tighten to bolts to where the side guards will not come out and the one's on my TR3 are adjustable forwards and backwards. I can fold the back down with the side guards on but I have the standard style back on my chair.
    SCI Birthday: April 25, 1993
    T4,5,6 Incomplete
    Chair: TiLite TR3

19-1/2" front 19" rear but never really used the dump. Real goal is out of chair forever, not be "glued" in.

Quote Originally Posted by rollin64 View Post
    miles, what are your seat heights?

rollin, on my old chair I ride around on knobbys. The sidewall on those tires are huge.

Quote Originally Posted by rlmtrhmiles View Post
    19-1/2" front 19" rear but never really used the dump. Real goal is out of chair forever, not be "glued" in.
    i hear ya man.