Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: tilite side guards

tilite side guards

is there any way to raise the height?

the regular are 7.5 x 13.2, the small are 6.5 x 11.2.

on my chair with 15" rsh it's 7.5 to top of tire and about 11" from backrest tube to outer edge of tire. so the small length would be ideal but the height will be 1" shorter than top of tire.

i would like my side guards to be even with the tire. if i go with large the height will be right but they'll stick out past my tire about 2". that would hinder my transfers.

so, does anybody use the small side guards and they not be way too small?

thanks for listening.

Quote Originally Posted by rollin64 View Post
    i would like my side guards to be even with the tire. if i go with large the height will be right but they'll stick out past my tire about 2".
    Buy std sideguard and after profile them right to the tire with a sand disc and angle grinder or cut them with a jig saw, dremmel, etc.

true, that's an idea. i just can't use my hands. what kind of shop could i get to do that?

true, that's an idea. i just can't use my hands. what kind of shop could i get to do that?
    A sheet-metal shop (furnace installer).
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

I have the small side guards on my TR3 and with a 16" RSH. The top of the side guards are at the most 1/4" higher than the top of the tire.

Last edited by stumpybushman; 12-16-2012 at 10:15 PM.
    SCI Birthday: April 25, 1993
    T4,5,6 Incomplete
    Chair: TiLite TR3

Are CF sideguards? if they are cf even a carpinter could do it with a jigsaw, just put masking tape on the sideguards, draw the line where you want they be cut and that`s all, after give to the cut a bit with sand paper.

If they are aluminium go to a metal carpinter, or in any garage, just same tecnique, masking tape and draw the line where you want to cut and they will do it no problem.

thanks yall. they are aluminum with the hole for easy removal by a quad.

Quote Originally Posted by stumpybushman View Post
    I have the small side guards on my TR3 and with a 16" RSH. The top of the side guards are at the most 1/4" higher than the top of the tire.

that's near perfect fit there now.

i wonder how much difference 15 rear and 18.5 front would make? i can't go 16 rear cause then i'd have to go to high in front to get the right amount of seat dump.

i guess an inch lower rear would put them 3/4 below the tire on top. i could adjust the length. wish they made em so you could adjust the height.

i wonder if the aero-z having wider tubing than the tr3 would bring the height up a lil bit?
    Last edited by rollin64; 12-17-2012 at 11:01 AM.

any ideas?

there's got to be a way to maybe stop them from going all the way down in the bracket. or will this not work with aluminum side guards.

nobody, huh?.........

well, will the adapter that attaches to the frame move back and forth any?

according to my calculations, hah. the large will be the right height but stick out about 2" past the end of my tire. anybody know if it'll be able to adjust back that 2" to be even?

sorry for the stupid questions but you guys know how it is, lol.