Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: See our ADA struggle on PBS

I've been looking and can't find it yet on my local PBS - KQED,KRCB, KTEH. It may come on as On Demand, I certainly hope so. I contacted the film's website and they at first said they don't sell the DVD to individuals (very odd) but then in another email offered to sell it to me for $29.95. They did also tell me that the show would be re-broadcast today, the 17th but like I said, I haven't found it yet. I will eventually find it. Lot's of memories. Geez the things I saw and did, ah youth. :-)

It's on tonite here in S central WI. Thanks for the heads up, 55+.
    C5/6 complete 10/27/2009 MVA

"I'm going to try defying gravity." Elphaba in "Wicked"

I don't have tv. I did find 2 separate versions of this on torrent available to download, and started them the other day. One is at 90% and the other at 50%. It stops and starts while I'm online as it finds and loses seeders. I've got both going to see which finishes first.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

thanks...

Thanks , on past my bed time...but recording it for another day..

Excellent program! Thanks for the heads up 55.

When this thread first appeared I was sort of annoyed because I am currently quite frustrated with the limitations of the ADA.

I watched the documentary last night anyway and it actually took me back to 1990. Then I was one year post SCI, just heading back to school and it kind of reminded me of the extra confidence it gave me at that time to actually take more risks to be the best I could be. It is interesting how we sometimes forget how far things have come.

That said, I'm still frustrated with many of the obstacles our community stills faces though!

Quote Originally Posted by Patton57 View Post
    When this thread first appeared I was sort of annoyed because I am currently quite frustrated with the limitations of the ADA.

I watched the documentary last night anyway and it actually took me back to 1990. Then I was one year post SCI, just heading back to school and it kind of reminded me of the extra confidence it gave me at that time to actually take more risks to be the best I could be. It is interesting how we sometimes forget how far things have come.

That said, I'm still frustrated with many of the obstacles our community stills faces though!
    That is my concern. The commitment, work together ethic, and willingness to make sacrifices my generation had seems to be dying with us. We got the ADA put in place. It is up to the current generation to put the enforcement piece in place. There are many complainers but few, if any leaders. Lone voices crying out in the dark are not going to do it.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lin View Post
    I don't have tv. I did find 2 separate versions of this on torrent available to download, and started them the other day. One is at 90% and the other at 50%. It stops and starts while I'm online as it finds and loses seeders. I've got both going to see which finishes first.
    If you want to borrow our DVD let us know.
    Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Thanks, but one of the torrents finally finished today So for anyone that uses torrents, its out there and possible to get the entire thing. If anyone wants to know which torrent I used you can pm me. I'll keep seeding the file when I'm online.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

It was interesting to watch, but I was hoping that they'd also show how far we have yet to go...