Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Birthday To My Mom

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Smile Happy Birthday To My Mom

My mom's 69th birthday is coming up in a week, and I can't wait to see the look on her face when I give her her birthday present from me. It's a little glass plaque that says,

"Thank you, Mom....For teaching me to reach out. For giving me the faith to try my wings. For showing me the world is full of wonders. For being there no matter what life brings. Then in quotations it says, "A Mother is always thoughtful and dear, always more than willing to add that special loving touch that makes life more fulfilling."

I'm so glad that I found it because I was trying to find the perfect birthday present for her as my way of saying thank you to her for being there for me, for all of my 50 surgeries. When I had my second hip replacement surgery in March. She had to stay in the hotel room alone all by herself for four nights while I was in the hospital hooked up to every machine possible for the first two days after my surgery.

I can imagine that it must've been lonely for her having to stay in the hotel room even though our hotel where we were staying was connected to the hospital where I was at. So, she didn't have too far to go if she wanted to come see me.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck503 View Post
    _____
    No shit.

Happy 84th Birthday to my dad on Friday? Sixteen years since mom died that day ... on his birthday ... I had just turned 24. That was the last Christmas I spent with any parental unit and I'm 40 now ... yay? lol

She always had impeccable timing and got the last word or laugh in ... yay mom! I didn't get either, anything. I inherited her sense of humour and I hope I have her timing as well!

Just wondering what caused you to share this here at a spinal cord injury website?
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Just wondering what caused you to share this here at a spinal cord injury website?
    Why do people without spinal cord injuries (or MS) stay here in general? I can see google leading them to ask wheelchair questions but in the almost four years I have been here this place has turned from a very SCI focused website to some sort of generic disability website. It used to bug me, but now I just find it tedious. I used to spend more time trying to answer questions but now, odds are the response I get back is "I don't have SCI so (whatever I said doesn't apply)" so I don't even bother.

In a way, I agree ... only because if we lump ourselves in with all disabilities, we'll never get any research funds or a sense of urgency. I've thought that for a long time.

We are fixable ... not all peeps in chairs are, for now.

So frustrating. MS has a lot of the same issues though ... and then there's me with Transverse Myelitis ... which renders me a complete paraplegic anyway.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Wise listed scads of disses in the nontraumatic neuro forum with the common theme, if you will, of brain and spinal cord. Lately we are seeing more and more people pop with anything from bone woes to somatoform issues "necessitating" a chair to a big toe hurting. There are also people here with all manner of pain issues given the forum of the same name.

As for how any of this may affect cure, there is not necessarily strength in numbers when so many don't live with paralysis and other neuro disses.

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    Why do people without spinal cord injuries (or MS) stay here in general? I can see google leading them to ask wheelchair questions but in the almost four years I have been here this place has turned from a very SCI focused website to some sort of generic disability website. It used to bug me, but now I just find it tedious. I used to spend more time trying to answer questions but now, odds are the response I get back is "I don't have SCI so (whatever I said doesn't apply)" so I don't even bother.
    They stay because people on this site engage with them. Like take this asshole Buck, he's validated her/his porst by responding. In the words of Ted Nugent it's a "free for all".
    A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    They stay because people on this site engage with them. Like take this asshole Buck, he's validated her/his porst by responding. In the words of Ted Nugent it's a "free for all".
    Says the old cunt who still has MarkPals on her friends list.
    You spend more time with known devos than anyone else
    on this forum.