Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Greek yogurt ?

It definitely exists.

Have you got any sort of whole food/health food store near you? Our Natural Grocers (formerly Vitamin Cottage) has bazillions of varieties of full fat Greek yogurt (well, maybe not bazillions...).

Update

I finally found whole milk Greek yogurt at our Publix supermarket. They stock a tiny bit. The manager says everybody is thinking skinny and no-fat these days. I think it is smoother and creamier than the 0% fat versions. However, my big find was Ben and Jerry's frozen Greek yogurt. Heavenly! We are currently working on a pint of rasberry-fudge chunk. Glad my taste buds are not paralyzed!! I can't wait to dig into some peanutbutter-banana.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Generally, Greek yogurt has TWICE the protein content per volume of regular yogurt. Great for those trying to heal up skin problems.

(KLD)
    I found this out when my foot was healing. I had to abandon
    my raw vegan diet an add greek yogurt, protein, salmon and beans.

I love the 2% fage greek yogurt. So much better than fat free!
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
    I finally found whole milk Greek yogurt at our Publix supermarket. They stock a tiny bit. The manager says everybody is thinking skinny and no-fat these days. I think it is smoother and creamier than the 0% fat versions. However, my big find was Ben and Jerry's frozen Greek yogurt. Heavenly! We are currently working on a pint of rasberry-fudge chunk. Glad my taste buds are not paralyzed!! I can't wait to dig into some peanutbutter-banana.
    I eat the Blueberry Vanilla Graham. So good.
    I've tried the Vanilla Honey Caramel, but do not like.

http://www.benjerry.com/flavors/gree...65.bnj1_worker
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Make your own yogurt its easy and so good I make a batch every week and throw blueberries or strawberries in or just plain yummy . by putting in strainer basket I can make greek yogurt

vjls
    How do you make homemade yogurt?

We put a big spoonful of the Honey Greek god yogurt in our fruit smoothies. Makes them so creamy. YUM!
    Vjls please share how you make yogurt.

I make yogurt, I started with Alton Brown's yogurt recipe. You can buy a yogurt maker for fermenting, or use a crock pot as long as it has a low enough setting. I use a heating pad. I've altered my recipe over time for what I want. You set aside a bit of the yogurt you made for your starter next time. You shouldn't do this more than 7 times though as the bacteria to yeast cultures can become unbalanced. So every 8th time you should use a store bought yogurt or yogurt starter. For a store bought yogurt as starter you need to make sure it has the words "contains live cultures" and not just "made from live cultures." All yogurt is made from live cultures, if it wasn't it wouldn't be yogurt. But popular yogurt brands like Dannon, Yoplait, generally pasteurize/kill the cultures before sending the yogurt to stores for longer shelf life.

You can strain yogurt for thicker greek like yogurt, but greek yogurt isn't made the same way. If you're looking for the same taste of store bought greek yogurt you can't just strain regular yogurt.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

this is my recipe forgot where I got it 5cup water 2c driedmilk heat im mirco wave about 5 minute u may need to adjust to urs. to 185o cook till 115 no higher or kill actice yogurt sir in 2 heaping tablespoons
    I was doing mine in oven with light on covered up in towel for 12 hrs but consistency was never there my crockpot was to hot so I spent 35.00 on amzaonfor a yougurt maker its great. I get my mix ready pour in
    8 to 10hrs later yougurt. if you want super thick it has a strainer. u can also make yourgurt cheese with it. I make a batch a week yummy

lin I did not know that as I have not every bought greek yogurt . tks