Thread: New Halls Hallmark

New Halls Hallmark

I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder but does this make anyone else a little sad?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultralight-W...item4abf708cad

tear.
    There is no such thing as a stupid question but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots. -modified from despair.com

Sad because it's for sale?

BTW this is not the first time this chair has been listed on ebay. The 5.5" COG may be the reason why.

The new color, IMHO, distracts from the beauty of the chair.
    There is no such thing as a stupid question but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots. -modified from despair.com

I like the look of it, love the leather guards, but could never fit my butt into it. I'm thinking 5.5 inches on the COG would be nonstop wheelie, I'm at 4 and every one that sits in for the first time tips within the first 5 minutes.
    Most everything I say is

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Sad because it's for sale?

BTW this is not the first time this chair has been listed on ebay. The 5.5" COG may be the reason why.
    The COG only?, i never have seen a chair more dangerous than that one, your teeth could touch the floor really easy,the chair will be excellent for flip forward, with this just stay at home please.
    Last edited by totoL1; 12-13-2012 at 03:04 PM.

What's going on with the casters? Are they partially in line/behind the rear wheels? That added to the cog is really freaky.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lin View Post
    What's going on with the casters? Are they partially in line/behind the rear wheels? That added to the cog is really freaky.
    It's due to the COG.

The casters (5") on my old Crossfire overlap my rear wheels/tires (559s w/ Kenda knobbies) by ~1" when in the trailing position. The COG is 2", seat depth 16", front angle 85ยบ. It's pretty stable, but will tip forward & pitch someone out if a bump is hit too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    The COG only?, i never have seen a chair more dangerous than that one, your teeth could touch the floor really easy,the chair will be excellent for flip forward, with this just stay at home please.
    I agree. I also think it will be prone to going over backwards. Try getting that up a curb. For me, functionality trumps appearance. If effect it would be like riding wheelies-like.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

The girl seated in one of the pics is leaning quite far forward. Perhaps her seating position has her "squeezed" a bit, keeping her CoG good, for her. That would be my guess, looking at the pics.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

It doesn't look like the chair fits her, it looks way too short to me. I think the seat stops 6 inches before her knees, and the way her legs are tucked looks overboard.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.