Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back Support and Cushion

Back Support and Cushion

These are the last two items to decide on before sending everything through insurance. I have two questions:

1. The DME is suggesting a Varilite Talon back. When I mentioned I thought it only mounted onto the rigidizer bar and not the back canes she said I could get back cane mounts for it. Is she correct?

2. I need a 14" x 14" cushion. Are there any potential problems with getting a Stimulite Contoured Pediatric Cushion or Stimulite Corbee Cushion as opposed to having an adult one specialty cut?

Thanks!
    -E
    Last edited by Essie; 12-12-2012 at 08:23 PM.
    There is no such thing as a stupid question but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots. -modified from despair.com

From what I can tell from the Talon website and brochures, Varilite doesn't offer cane-mounting hardware for it. Maybe the DME is planning to adapt something? I'd ask further.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by Essie View Post
    These are the last two items to decide on before sending everything through insurance. I have two questions:

1. The DME is suggesting a Varilite Talon back. When I mentioned I thought it only mounted onto the rigidizer bar and not the back canes she said I could get back cane mounts for it. Is she correct?

2. I need a 14" x 14" cushion. Are there any potential problems with getting a Stimulite Contoured Pediatric Cushion or Stimulite Corbee Cushion as opposed to having an adult one specialty cut?

Thanks!
    -E
    I have a few adult friends who are riding on the Stimulite Corbee cushion with no issues. It is designed the same as the larger cushions, just in a smaller size. I do not see any issues with you being on one of those.

I also thought the that Talon only mounts to the rigidizer bar. I have not seen one mounted to the back canes before.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

Look into the Varilite Icon series. There's one comparable in height to the Talon.

Quote Originally Posted by -scott- View Post
    Look into the Varilite Icon series. There's one comparable in height to the Talon.
    X2. I have one and I LOVE it.

Supracor told me that there are no weight limits with their cushions. As long as it's appropriately sized to the user it doesn't matter that it's a peds cushion.

Thanks!!!
    There is no such thing as a stupid question but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots. -modified from despair.com

wheeliecoach et al.,

Regarding "... Stimulite Corbee ... designed the same as the larger cushions, just in a smaller size ..."

Pertinent to the referenced statement, a bit of helpful information may be found in this Care Cure topic.

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliecoach View Post
    I have a few adult friends who are riding on the Stimulite Corbee cushion with no issues. It is designed the same as the larger cushions, just in a smaller size. I do not see any issues with you being on one of those.

I also thought the that Talon only mounts to the rigidizer bar. I have not seen one mounted to the back canes before.
    Hi, is Corbee harder than Spot? If the color indicate hardness, it may be as hard as Slimline. Did they try Contoured Pediatric Cushion?

Quote Originally Posted by hoverfly View Post
    Hi, is Corbee harder than Spot? If the color indicate hardness, it may be as hard as Slimline. Did they try Contoured Pediatric Cushion?

I am not sure what he has tried...he is on the smaller side (Spina Bifida...lesion at T12). I have not seen him use the contoured pediatric cushion. It is older...but it is pretty soft...seems softer than my sport cushion.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss