Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wireless router

As stated previously here above, yes, you better understand setting up the security. Realistically, your neighbor could be using your printer if incorrectly setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Chassmain View Post
    ... I've been using a D-Link DIR-655 ...You can get it for about $70 at Newegg right now at:
    D-Link Xtreme Gigabit Router (DIR-655) Wireless N300, USB SharePort, Gigabit
    I've been shopping for the last couple days. That router is in on today's Newegg eblast offers for $10 off. Probably best bang for the buck today. I already ordered one this morning.

Most any routers will work, I usually just buy whatever's on sale
    usually 9 to 19 bucks for a decent router with 3 to 5 ethernet ports also

make sure it has the latest version - version N and backwards with B/G

also smartphones can use wireless data to save them data minutes, so put the wireless password in the smartphones
    I've used several brands here at work and home and family members home, they all work pretty good, like i said above, make sure they support N and at least backwards compatible with G
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

and I have decent internet, so i'm not really concerned on wether my neighbor is using my internet or not, if they need it, they can use it, it isn't really going to slow me down, and it's not like they're actually going to have access to my computer, just the internet.
    at my family (mom, sisters, brothers, neices, aunts, etc) houses, I put in passwords for them
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan