Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Agenda for Washington April 12

Faye and Clipper,

I hope we can finalize on the choices of hotel in the next two days!

Kap... I believe in miracles and only one branch has the power. This is still a divided nation with hugh health problems.

So, if we don't get to the heart of the matter then George will have his conscious to face every morning.

He side lined our hero Christopher Reeves. He watched as he was hung out to dry. Who is next.

Paralysis probably touches half of America in one way or another and other nations are going to see us asking for our freedoms that the president of the USA has promised.

I say we hold him to his WORD.

Originally posted by Kaprikorn1:

Just a few thoughts:

1) Looking at this from an outsiders viewpoint...focus needs to be directed to one issue that can be easily understood by the legislators, staff, public, etc. The CRPA accomplishes all of these. Most people have a very limited attention span. It needs to have punch, instant recognition and memorability.

2) This will be our first jump into this type of thing. While many suggestions are indeed lofty...they are also unreal. We are not going to get laws passed, taxes levied, etc. by 1 march with 50 people in wheelchairs and a few meetings. HOWEVER...this will put us on the map and generate press, buzz and excitement both here on CC as well as within other groups that will participate or be watching, and highlight the CRPA and it's stalled passage. That alone will be worth it.

3) As someone mentioned earlier...we need to leave the partisanship at home. Adding your personal feelings about Bush, Iraq, ESC, religion will send us spinning off arguing amoungst ourselves and we'll be defeated before the battle is even joined. Remember, all 3 branches of government are Republican controlled right now, like it or not. Blatant disrespect, condemnation or childish behavior will not get us very far

Kap
    Kap, Well Said!

All of the above will be put on record.

Suzanne

Suzanne, your a doll. I visited Michael J. Fox's web site and it is great. Here is start for anyone wanting to make some noise by phone or pen and paper.

If you would like to contact the Foundation, please call toll-free at 1-800-708-7644, or contact us by regular mail at the following address:

The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research

Grand Central Station
    P.O. Box 4777
    New York, NY 10163

John Kerry - ok, why not Mr. Kerry!

Kappy-
    Bout time. Good stuff. Got your room booked yet?

Love ya buddy-
    B

"You need to march. You need to demand action. You need to stop feeling unempowered and do something...Freedom is your right. Until you claim your self-confidence and know your worth, no one will give it to you. It starts with you."-LetsGo

Originally posted by Malibu:

Suzanne, your a doll. I visited Michael J. Fox's web site and it is great. Here is start for anyone wanting to make some noise by phone or pen and paper.

If you would like to contact the Foundation, please call toll-free at 1-800-708-7644, or contact us by regular mail at the following address:

The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research

Grand Central Station
    P.O. Box 4777
    New York, NY 10163

John Kerry - ok, why not Mr. Kerry!
    Malibu, thank you!

I hope that we, CC Community, will soon enough send a standardized joint signature letter to Dana Reeve, Michael J. Fox and John Kerry asking for their support and participation. I assure you that I, on behalf of the HKU SCI Fund, will also send an independent letter to them pleading on the same ground.

Suzanne

Originally posted by Suzanne Poon:

Originally posted by Malibu:

It would be so "awesome" if Michael J. Fox could honor this event and lend his voice for the "cause".

Should we bomb Michael will plea letters.
    Malibu, let's do it! Both he and John Kerry should come!!

Suzanne
    Suzanne,

John Kerry is just another Senator now, he should not be singled out to support this event. I don't want anything politically to hinder the success of this event.

Sue

Thanks Malibu, for your suggestions. Michael J. Fox is a great speaker. He actually accepted one of our UNLOCK THE PRISON OF PARALYSIS T-shirts from www.cureparalysisnow.org , when I met him in Tampa. I was fortunate to be invited to one of his events to speak. Don't know if you saw some of the articles posted on CC in August.

Michael has very limited time and energy for speaking engagements due to the progression of the Parkinson's so I think it is unlikely that he would accept our invitation.

Anyway, if it's o.k. with everyone, I would like to donate a second banner that says just:
    FREEDOM FROM PARALYSIS. If our group is big enough, we should be able to use two.

~ Choices Are The Hinges Of Destiny ~

Originally posted by Susan M:

Suzanne,

John Kerry is just another Senator now, he should not be singled out to support this event. I don't want anything politically to hinder the success of this event.

Sue
    Sue, I'm sorry! I'm politically illiterate. Thanks for the reminder.

Suzanne

Originally posted by Suzanne Poon:

Originally posted by Kaprikorn1:
    Originally posted by Clipper:

_UNITED, WE WILL STAND_
    Cure Research Is Freedom From Paralysis

How about that?
    The second line is confusing. It took me 3 reads to figure out what was being said. I think most people think of the word "cure" as a verb and think "cure research...what does research need to be cured of?"

Anyway...something like "Cure Paralysis by funding research." or somesuch...

Kap

(This space available)
    _UNITED, WE WILL STAND_
    Cure Paralysis By Funding Research

Kap, very good revision! But let's wait and see if there will be a better choice.

Suzanne
    How about:

UNITED WE WILL STAND
    Cure Paralysis by Funding Clinical Trials