Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Agenda for Washington April 12

Who knows, maybe my idea is no good. Thats what this forum is here for so we can discuss and refine. My thinking is why waste the exposure that this film has given sci. I am sure there is a way to make it work for us. The film already has media attention-why not harness it or tap into it? Here is our chance to bring sci to the podium. Could also be tied into a press release about why we chose to MARCH!

Bob-
    I figure it's worth a shot. Do you have any idea how to get a letter to Clint Eastwood?

"You need to march. You need to demand action. You need to stop feeling unempowered and do something...Freedom is your right. Until you claim your self-confidence and know your worth, no one will give it to you. It starts with you."-LetsGo

One thing I witnessed from going to Wise's Lab last nite is that he is very practical and does not leave out anything that can be helpful to the cure. He even has the lighting configured to provide for maximum collaboration
    We need to adopt his methods and leave no stone unturned!

I am amazed at our Kate's ability with the English language and hope she could be coaxed into giving it a try

I would out of respect send a letter to Eastwood, however if he ever gets to see it is another question. I would also send the letter to every reporter that ran a story on this movie.

Kate-
    Are you game?

Bob-
    I'm so glad you made it to Rutgers! I'd like to go see it sometime.

"You need to march. You need to demand action. You need to stop feeling unempowered and do something...Freedom is your right. Until you claim your self-confidence and know your worth, no one will give it to you. It starts with you."-LetsGo

BigB great idea!

Along those lines a couple of days ago I mentioned the same on the Life forum.....to exploit the publicity Clint's movie is getting, to make the case for a CURE.

I had googled for an e-mail contact but couldn't find any. The Press Release is an excellent idea to wake people up to the CURE!

Maybe all those who are rallying in anger against Clint and his movie, can instead unite for the CURE......

~ Choices Are The Hinges Of Destiny ~

[This message was edited by Faye on 02-05-05 at 10:03 PM.]

I saw the film yesterday, thought most of it was smaltzy/predicable but did to a certian degree in the ending convey the desperation many feel post SCI. However, the whole SCI treatment ticked me off for its lack of truth and reality. It also left me wanting to get up and speak to the audiance during the credits.

I chose silence instead and on my way out noticed a young usher in a WC. I approached him(I am not shy) told him about CC and the march, showed him my bracelet then took it off and gave it to him. I then left him my email address for more info and hoped he did not think I was some sort of crazy ol' lady. I wished I had a bag of bracelets at that theater. It was a great opportunity and I would have seized the moment.

I agree with you Faye, cashing in on the film in a positive light would be a "good thing."

Leia

"Ani't no stopping us now!"

If Mark Buonoconti and Dana Reeve attend and speak at the April 12, 2005 march they probably will have their own press release. Not only if they come will their presence be felt, but I am sure they don't travel alone and will have an entourage. It keeps growing!

Wise Young, Dana Reeve, Mark Buonoconti
    WOW!!!!