Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Agenda for Washington April 12

Got it. Back at ya Betheny.

"You can't fall off the floor!"

fyi can book washington plaza here http://www.ketravel.com/channels/hotelandcarrental.cfm for $150. I'd keep watching prices whoever can. I think you'll find the price going down. let the price wars begin haha.

Originally posted by Lizbv:

fyi can book washington plaza here http://www.ketravel.com/channels/hotelandcarrental.cfm for $150.
    Here is the Holiday Inn Capitol at $144 :
    http://www.roomsearch.com/hotel/itin...?itinid=209879

~ Choices Are The Hinges Of Destiny ~

I booked my room today at the Best Western Capitol Skyline. Looking so forward to seeing you all there at the March April 12th!!!

Curt - Just so you know...

There were several very uncomplementary reviews of the Capitol Skyline at Expedia.com. It's on the South side in an unsafe neighborhood. And it's a few miles from everyone in WP territory. I considered reserving there and then changed my mind.

Reviews of Capitol Skyline on Expedia:

Traveler ratings summary
    Overall satisfaction 33% (1 of 3) of travelers recommend this hotel
    Hotel service Hotel condition Room cleanliness Room comfort

3.0 2.3 3.0 2.3
    Scores are based on a 1 (poor) to 5 (excellent) rating system.
    Write a review of this hotel (You may be required to sign in to verify your stay)
    Individual ratings and reviews
    Jag O from New York does not recommend this hotel
    Overall Hotel service Hotel condition Room cleanliness Room comfort

2 3 1 2 2
    Posted: 19-Dec-04
    What a run down place - don't stay here
    I now know to stay away from 2 star hotels. This place was also south of the capitol, which is a not so safe place to stay. The room was also not so clean, the bathroom door had a big hole in it. Plumbing pipes were exposed in the ceiling. But, it was a very cheap place to stay and I got what I paid for.
    A traveler from New York City does not recommend this hotel

2 2 2 3 1
    Posted: 17-Dec-04
    Don't stay here.
    There were several problems to this hotel that made us uncomfortable. First, don't believe that the Capitol is easily accesible as the hotel advertises. Yes, it is just 5 blocks away but five very long blocks that require you to walk through a dark unlit tunnel inhabited by D.C.'s finest-a bunch of bums. The hotel is near the ghetto and the metro is not easily accesible either. Second, the hotel is undergoing renovation. SO every morning at 9 am we awoke to the sounds of a jackhammer drilling away. We thought our stay was very unpleasant and would not stay here again if we stayed in DC. We would recommend spending a little extra and staying
    A traveler recommends this hotel

4 4 4 4 4
    Posted: 10-Dec-04
    Nice hotel but nasty surrounding
    it's better to take his car to get around

Thanks Jeff for the heads up, just changed it to the comfort inn, sounds good.

Glad to hear you are getting your FES bike squared away jeff, just tried to send you an e mail, but my e mail is screw up and not working.

Suzanne, you might want to think about switching from the best western too, does not sound good.

[This message was edited by Curt Leatherbee on 02-03-05 at 12:29 AM.]

Originally posted by Curt Leatherbee:

Thanks Jeff for the heads up, just changed it to the comfort inn, sounds good.

Suzanne, you might want to think about switching from the best western too, does not sound good.
    Curt, thanks for the advice!

Oh dear! I hope I can alter my reservation thru www.sidestep.com. It is frustrating that I don't know anyone living in Washington DC.

The reason why I didn't book Washington Plaza Hotel was that the average room rate per night had risen to $229 on Jan 31st, compared to $129 per night at Best Western Capitol Skyline Hotel. I intended to save up the extra dollars for contribution to the March which I did already.

Suzanne

Washington Plaza currently is offering two double beds at $159.00 a night.

Originally posted by Suzanne Poon:

It is frustrating that I don't know anyone living in Washington DC.
    Suzanne - I'm close enough, and travel up near DC quite often, as a couple guys I'm working with live in DC's suburbs. If I can help in any way, let me know.

Originally posted by jv:

Washington Plaza currently is offering two double beds at $159.00 a night.
    jv, my dear, who and where should I make the contact? Pls kindly advise.

Scott, you're sweet! I'm lost.

Suzanne