Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Agenda for Washington April 12

Originally posted by lilsister:

Jim and I talked about the march and we would like to come. Where do I go for information on reservations? Or should I just do it on my own? We can bring an extra manual chair, an extra shower chair and could pick-up one person (manual chair only will fit) that could sit in passenger seat of our van from Wisconsin. Am thinking of hanging a banner on the van for the trip. I am embroiled in a messy divorce and Jim and I will be moving in March, but if there is something that we could help with let us know. If someone needs PCA-type assist, I would be glad to help. And we will have the van while there. Debra
    lilsister,

I think hanging banner on the van on your trip to Washington is a great idea! We should all copy that.

Very glad to learn that you and Jim and come. Regarding hotel accommodations, pls check out information from the Registration thread.

We will bear in mind that you have a van for use for the Rally. Many thanks!

Suzanne

Where is the group staying in D.C? I thought it was a plan to all be together, but I keep seeing different hotel names. Can you list the hotel?
    Thx

Originally posted by Lizbv:

Where is the group staying in D.C? I thought it was a plan to all be together, but I keep seeing different hotel names. Can you list the hotel?
    Thx
    Lizbv, the two in-town hotels people will be staying at are Washington Plaza and the Best Western Capitol Skyline. Check www.expedia.com for best rates on Washington Plaza, and www.sidestep.com for best rates on the Capitol Skyline Hotel.

For outlying areas the Hilton in Silver Spring has been recommended by Cheesecake. It is located right by a metro station and there is not as much of a hurry to make reservations there.

Others who are on a more restricted budget may try less expensive hotels in that area if they keep in mind to be real close to a metro station for a quick ride into Washington. Let us know if you pick this option as we can direct others with the same considerations there. I know BigB was trying to select a hotel in a lower price range for us.

According to cheesecake and toots the better night life including restaurants can be found in the outlying areas.....

~ Choices Are The Hinges Of Destiny ~

JUST TO CLARIFY...

Originally an attempt was made to get a bank of rooms at 1 hotel but the liability for 1 person to guarantee all those rooms was too much.

No single hotel that we could find has enough handicapped rooms to accommodate all of the people planning to go.

The cheap prices that people can get through websites like Expedia.com, CheapTickets.com, Priceline.com, etc. are only available on a few rooms at each hotel.

Based on all of the above it is clear that all of us staying in the same hotel will have to wait until we are bigger and richer as an organization. Until then, we have to be on our own and stay in different places.

Faye, Bigb and Betheny have posted several resources for finding rooms at good prices. There are tons of hotels inside DC and on the outskirts. Perhaps we can find a location before the actual week of the march where all those interested can meet up for cocktails, snacks, socializing, etc. If anyone local knows of such a place...let us know!

I'll start a contact thread where everyone who's going can post their cell phone numbers and where they're staying so we can reach everyone during the days of the march.

Kap

"One generation got old...One generation got sold...This generation got no destination to hold...PICK UP THE CRY!"

~Jefferson Airplane~

Thanks Faye and Kaprikorn. Lilsister (Debra) could you please send me an email? Your email is not listed on your profile. Lizbv@cinci.rr.com

Faye and everyone,

I have just made reservation with Best Western Capitol Skyline Hotel @$129 per night.

Suzanne

Betheny, I don't remember if I saw it on this thread or another, but if you're still searching for speakers, I'd like to make a recommendation. No, not me, although I've done my share, but... Chris Skinner. Chris is a high level quad and an experienced motivational speaker. I'm sure if you asked him, he'd be glad to help out. I've already proposed the idea to him and he seems open to the suggestion, but I figured I'd let you do the honors if you're still searching for speakers.

Check out his website, http://www.chrisskinner.org/, or shoot him an e-mail at chris@chrisskinner.org

Let me know if I can help.

"You can't fall off the floor!"

Sorry Lizbv, dazeigel@msn.com

A bunch of the gang is staying at Washington Plaza. I couldn't seem to get a rate less than $169.00 there. And seeing how I'm planning to be rather constrained after an upcoming trip to the Philippines in February I figured I'd keep looking.

So, I did a location search near that address... came up with Comfort Inn Convention Center / Downtown. It's newly renovated, has wheelchair access and is only a block away from the Cure buds at WP. The same rate was offered everywhere I looked.... Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com.... but not HOTELS.NET! Woohoo! Got a $115.00 rate at hotels.net which is twenty bucks less than the rate all the other places were offerring.

Let's ROLL!

Deadeye-
    Check your PT's please.

"You need to march. You need to demand action. You need to stop feeling unempowered and do something...Freedom is your right. Until you claim your self-confidence and know your worth, no one will give it to you. It starts with you."-LetsGo