Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Agenda for Washington April 12

Originally posted by BigB:

Let me be blunt.
    I've heard that before and she's still around.

If this march gets tied into the rally for the cure website I'm out.

We need big unilateral exposure. The kind we were planning before the Rally for the cure, until it in my opinion was derailed to honor the Keck Ctr. Originally we were going to march on Washington, or Atlanta back then until Wise announced the Rally for the Cure in the midst of our enthusiasm. I have no problem with honoring Dr. Young and even a speaker can say at the March that it was through his CareCure website that gave us the median to organize. However for the betterment of the cause we must be unilateral in scope.
    BigB...don't know what your problem is...you finally come up with a good idea then if everyone doesn't follow your directions, you take your toys and go home. Get over yourself.

We really DON'T need divisive stuff here. This rally is NOT going to be held on a website in cyberspace.

I really can't figure what your beef is...do you want nothing to do w/ Keck Center...is that it? Frankly...we don't care WHO claims the credit...I'm sure you'll get your share. If you're advocating for a UNILATERAL EXPOSURE, what ONE group are you advocating for?

A few days ago you were advocating for ALL GROUPS to be included...(MULTI-LATERAL)...What is it that you actually want?

Posted by BigB "As we are trying to represent Action for the curing of Paralysis, and to have full support of all groups such as Miami Project, NeuroTrauma, PVA, etc, and there are many more, I would hope that beside the Keck CTR logo we list all the others too, if you use the web page suggested by Patricia, I would expect them to be as visable.
    Remember Aid's action represented all the groups, isn't that what we are about?

We were also offered the use as a posting site the cure paralysis now website"

Kap

"One generation got old...One generation got sold...This generation got no destination to hold...PICK UP THE CRY!"

~Jefferson Airplane~

Clipper and Bob - do you see the power and impact that words have? Clipper when you said what you said about pulling out and refusing to particpate yesterday is no different than what Bob has just said. Clipper your statement drained a lot people and threatened to derail what is being created. Bob - you too.

This movement, while growing in strength, is still fragile. When anyone make such declarative statements, especially from leaders like yourselves, you throw into chaos the entire energy that is being developed.

Can you both stand firm in your convictions - yes. But realize how you say things. I sure have from this. And realize that compromises can still be had that are a win win for all.

At the end, if you can't agree with it, then politely say so and move on. You can still energetically support the movement.

As someone once paraphrased Dr. Young - they will have to learn to figure it out!

Jeff or someone...Suzanne's URL has blown the script-wrapping in this thread and made it hard to read...I don't know how to make it a TinyURL...CAN YOU PLEASE HELP?

Crap!...I tried to fix it but can't...grrrrr

Kap

"One generation got old...One generation got sold...This generation got no destination to hold...PICK UP THE CRY!"

~Jefferson Airplane~

While I appreciate everything you have contributed and respect your thoughts, LetsGo, I don't care for being lectured. My opinions of Bob extend beyond this march. I don't like his manner. I didn't mock anyone with my original comments. Therein lies the difference. I think my knowledge of the power of words is sufficient to help guide my remarks. But thanks anyway.

Originally posted by LetsGo:

Organizations like Keck, The Miami Project and all the other institutions are doing the research and they lobby as well.

What makes you unique is that you can partake in those avenues but you are also grassroots. You offer something very unique to the movement that the lobbyists can't and never will. I really hope you don't let big organizations take this away from you.
    Thanks for cautioning us about getting tied to an existing organization. As a matter of fact that is why Cure Paralysis Now at www.cureparalysisnow.org was established. CPN was to be ONLY about advocacy, NOT about fundraising like ALL the other organizations were.

LetsGo, do you think that going under the banner of Cure Paralysis Now, which is a slogan which others like Leo, Keybored, Hope and toots voted for is appropriate?
    After all even Cure Paralysis Now was established by 7 CareCure members as a very grass roots effort to promote visibility for the NEED for the CURE.

~ Choices Are The Hinges Of Destiny ~

[This message was edited by Faye on 01-25-05 at 09:48 PM.]

LetsGo, I have tried very hard to not create disagreement. But, I have seen our effort once before take a detour. Thats my point. I feel so strongly about having a grass roots march. I also remember you said don't let the big guys control you.(Maybe not in the exact words)

I really like CURE PARALYSIS NOW. I can even hear it!

Originally posted by Faye:

Thanks for cautioning us about getting tied to an existing organization. As a matter of fact that is why Cure Paralysis Now at http://www.cureparalysisnow.org was established. CPN was to be ONLY about advocacy, NOT about fundraising like ALL the other organizations were.

LetsGo, do you think that going under the banner of Cure Paralysis Now, which is a slogan which others like Leo, Keybored, Hope and toots voted for is appropriate?
    After all even Cure Paralysis Now was established by 7 CareCure members as a very grass roots effort to promote visibility for the NEED for the CURE.

~ Choices Are The Hinges Of Destiny ~

[This message was edited by Faye on 01-25-05 at 09:48 PM.]
    I agree Faye, that's what I think we're trying to do...to make the NEED for a cure VISIBLE and to HUMANIZE IT to the general public, thereby CREATING a GRASS ROOTS CRY to find a cure.

Isn't this what the AIDS and Cancer movements did to get all the money flowing towards their cures?

Kap

~Jefferson Airplane~

Kap relax, basically I agree with you and I mirror your thoughts.
    Time to let bygones be bygones

Just posted the name and mission statements.

"You need to march. You need to demand action. You need to stop feeling unempowered and do something...Freedom is your right. Until you claim your self-confidence and know your worth, no one will give it to you. It starts with you."-LetsGo