Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Agenda for Washington April 12

The March doesn't have to be perfect, there will always be a better time or way to do it.
    If we stop now you know what will happen. There will always be reasons to delay, even in the fall. Hey, what if another 911 happens who will give you the time of the day then.

Jeff, I hear you, but if we march now we set the climate for all following events-Theres a big difference in exchanging ideas and advocating, maybe they should be separate.

Originally posted by Patricia:

FYI ... in case it is helpful, Christopher's birthday is in September.

Persist ... in Hope,

Patricia
    Another important date to note is the date CR became paralyzed, I believe that was in June of 1995, exactly a decade ago.

~ Choices Are The Hinges Of Destiny ~

Kap, I think the idea is great and will make the point in a silent but eye opening way. It is not gimmicky but more of a spark, a shock, a reality check.

We all know most people haven't a clue what is it like to have a SCI. Visabilty should be a major objective because forever we have been treated with "out of sight, out of mind". We would be further along if more people fully grasped our daily struggles or knew how easy it is to become SC injured.

We can achieve media attention without being gimmicky, wild or crazy and it can be done in a manner that is acceptable to all. I think Kap's idea fits the bill and just needs some fine tuning.

Leia

I wonder why some of you waited till we built up steam and support to try to put this on hold?
    We had enough people and more to come join us soon, it could have worked. I don't get it?

Wasted effert may be even more trouble. I think Jeff is on to the biggest bang for our buck. This stuff is flying so fast that we would benefit to think about the impact from a bigger crowd. Let's all take a survey and see if we can get our own families involved first. Cousins, friends, bosses, ... just feel out the family and explain to them how this can make an astounding impact for regeneration.

BigB, the steam is not going to go anywhere, trust me. I am not admitting defeat but our enemy is a very difficult force to face. We cannot afford to make mistakes. Time to build up steam at home, focus and then let them see, feel, and what ever else ...

Jeff, I forgot Neurotrauma was in the fall. I like your idea.

Clipper, I agree. I do not want to participate in radical gimicks, either.
    Sue

Typical, no wonder they dont know we exist

Originally posted by BigB:

I wonder why some of you waited till we built up steam and support to try to put this on hold?
    We had enough people and more to come join us soon, it could have worked. I don't get it?
    I think people are just trying to get the biggest bang for their buck. Plus, new information such as what Patricia and Jeff have shared, makes a lot of sense. I don't think anyone is trying to derail anything. Timing is everything.

Sue

BigB,
    There is nothing wrong with varying opinions. It is what makes the sum greater than its parts. No need for rudeness or sarcasm. We all want the same outcome.

Sue

[This message was edited by Susan M on 01-24-05 at 09:28 PM.]