Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Agenda for Washington April 12

Originally posted by Betheny:

A map showing where Holiday on the Hill is, also a good one to orient yourself a little.http://www.hionthehilldc.com/adaaccommodations.php?PHPSESSID=5d42486adc5ba38d80 2f3ce136a3fcd5
    OK here is the deal on hotel rooms.

I called the Holiday Inn on the Hill, and they said that rates are really high from mid Feb. through June. In that period their lowest group rate is $239 and there is no availability for Apr. 4 - Apr.6 anyway.

To keep it affordable, their suggestion is to call the 1-800 number for groups, and have them give us their best rate for a Holiday Inn in the outlying area right by a metro station to take us into town ( the metro is very accessible). That would also save us parking costs ( runs over $20 a day in addition to the over $200 of hotel cost in town ).

As to the date:
    Even though the Cherry Blossom Parade is April 9th, there is a race preceeding that on Apr 3rd., which is filling up hotel rooms.

GOOD NEWS!!!!
    Just got a call from Trisha Brooks at the CRPF.....She will be happy to pass on Betheny's letter to Robin Williams!!!!!!

Betheny, please sent to tbrooks@crpf.org and add CC signatures from each state

Also they want all the details on our planned march so they may be able reintroduce the CRFA to coincide with our march!

Trisha is very excited we are taking this on.

GOOD JOB EVERYONE!!!

Now lets make sure we have an enormous turn-out!!

~ Choices Are The Hinges Of Destiny ~

banner

65 inch by 20 inch

$6;00

there a vinal/plastic and have rivet holes in each corner.

you take a thick marker and write your slogan

we used two for my fundraisers and they hold up well.

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given you."
    Gandolf the Gray

Originally posted by Faye:

Originally posted by Betheny:
    A map showing where Holiday on the Hill is, also a good one to orient yourself a little.http://www.hionthehilldc.com/adaaccommodations.php?PHPSESSID=5d42486adc5ba38d80 2f3ce136a3fcd5
    OK here is the deal on hotel rooms.

I called the Holiday Inn on the Hill, and they said that rates are really high from mid Feb. through June. In that period their lowest group rate is $239 and there is no availability for Apr. 4 - Apr.6 anyway.

To keep it affordable, their suggestion is to call the 1-800 number for groups, and have them give us their best rate for a Holiday Inn in the outlying area right by a metro station to take us into town ( the metro is very accessible). That would also save us parking costs ( runs over $20 a day in addition to the over $200 of hotel cost in town ).

As to the date:
    Even though the Cherry Blossom Parade is April 9th, there is a race preceeding that on Apr 3rd., which is filling up hotel rooms.
    With all of this Cherry Blossom stuff going on the first half of April...and the room prices that week...maybe we should consider changing the date to the end of April or beginning of May. I guess the DC event schedule should be consulted before dates are picked.

Kap

(This space available)

I'm so excited I just yelled "yippee" to my empty house. My cat is looking at me strangely.

I'd be glad to help with the "take away" packets. We need some eloquent writers--John Smith, where are you, we need you. Any one else? We can form a sub-group to tackle this.

Sue

I want to take part in something like this, how do i sign up.

Kap maybe right. Cherry Blossom Time may be considered peak season in the DC metro area. Was April picked for any special reason? Would it be a problem to change dates?

I do know that many hotels will offer special rates to groups if the group can guarentee so many reservations from said group.

Faye, you are right about staying in the suburbs and taking the metro into the city. It way cheaper, very efficient and stops are located all over. I have seen Washington this way and it was great.

Leia

Originally posted by Susan M:

I'm so excited I just yelled "yippee" to my empty house. My cat is looking at me strangely.

I'd be glad to help with the "take away" packets. We need some eloquent writers--John Smith, where are you, we need you. Any one else? We can form a sub-group to tackle this.

Sue
    Yippee, Sue! Thanks for taking up the chanllenge! I trust that John Smith and Marily Smith (Toots) are the perfect match to help you.

Suzanne

Writers? John and Rusty Reeve.

"You need to march. You need to demand action. You need to stop feeling unempowered and do something...Freedom is your right. Until you claim your self-confidence and know your worth, no one will give it to you. It starts with you."-LetsGo

Okay, I've got a call in to Wise's office, Jeff will check to see if there will be scheduling problems if we have to change the date. Next will call Clipper to see if she sees any issue with changing dates. Ultimately those 2 factors will settle the date question. It will be settled by the end of today (Monday).

Got hold of Fritsch; he knows wheelers in DC and he's in.

Yayyyyy. Sue, I'm so glad you're excited too.

Ineedmyelin (so do I LOL) welcome. Sign up under the Activism thread at the top of the Cure forum.

"You need to march. You need to demand action. You need to stop feeling unempowered and do something...Freedom is your right. Until you claim your self-confidence and know your worth, no one will give it to you. It starts with you."-LetsGo

Originally posted by ineedmyelin:

I want to take part in something like this, how do i sign up.
    E-mail me at fayeforcure@yahoo.com with name, date, level of injury and state you live in so we can add you to a letter to Bush and one to Robin Williams.

Please indicate in your e-mail if you will be attending the march, which will be taking place probably in the week of April 11th due to the Cherry Blossom festivities in the prior week. We should be nailing down our final date sometime later today. A lot depends on the availablility of Dr. Young who will be honoring us with his attendance too!!!

~ Choices Are The Hinges Of Destiny ~

Faye-
    Edited your post to say April 11, not March.
    I'm drunk with power. Beth

[This message was edited by Betheny on 01-24-05 at 02:05 PM.]