Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Agenda for Washington April 12

Ok how about "UNITED WE WILL STAND, APPROVE THE C.R PARALYSIS BILL AND FUND SCI RESEARCH SO THAT WE TOO MAY HAVE FREEDOM AND LIBERTY"

I hate to say it though, but I really feel that no matter what we say or do it is going to fall on deaf ears knowing what I know about the way things are done these days. Lets face it, our plight is considered a social problem and the trend if anything these days is to cut social programs, at least for the next 4 years.

Originally posted by jplw:

I applaud all of you for your efforts. I hope it all comes together like you plan. I don't know what I will be able to do or if I will be able to attend, but you can use my name for Indiana. I will try to keep up on this topic as it unfolds.

jOE
    Hi Joe, thank you so much for lending us your name! I know that you have done your part, yet, we await to see you make up your mind and try to overcome all difficulties to participate in the MARCH.

Beth, pls add Joe's name at your convenience!

Suzanne

[This message was edited by Suzanne Poon on 01-24-05 at 02:28 AM.]

How about:

UNITED, WE WILL STAND
    Support the C. Reeve Paralysis Act

and

FREEDOM FROM PARALYSIS
    Support the C. Reeve Paralysis Act ?

Thinking in terms of the picture, this doubles the visual impact of the basic message.

If I wanted to be partisan and divisive, I personally wouldn't go after Bush. Mine would say:

WHICH OF YOU BONEHEADS
    Tabled the CRPA?

The demonstration permit app asks if we will use special equipment, such as speakers, a stage. Also the name of our group. I'm leaning towards saying yes, stage and speakers...they're not likely to be upset if we produce less imo. Also, it would be great if Dr. Young could say hi while we're all gathered there, don't you think? Of course I have no clue how we would organize such equipment, being terminally clueless LOL. If the PVA and CAMR participate, our numbers could go as high as (gulp) 200. I'll call CAMR tomorrow if that's OK w/ all. (Wise suggested CAMR. I bet THEY know how to get such equipment, eh? Their HQ is D.C.)

Name of our group? Think fast.

Time for rally? 8:30 till noon?

Maybe I'll wait until Tuesday morning to mail the app.

Faye is right, I bet Washington is thinking they've heard the last of the CRPA with CR's passing.

Mwuuuhaaahaaaaa. Pesky crips.

"You need to march. You need to demand action. You need to stop feeling unempowered and do something...Freedom is your right. Until you claim your self-confidence and know your worth, no one will give it to you. It starts with you."-LetsGo

Originally posted by Curt Leatherbee:

I hate to say it though, but I really feel that no matter what we say or do it is going to fall on deaf ears knowing what I know about the way things are done these days. Lets face it, our plight is considered a social problem and the trend if anything these days is to cut social programs, at least for the next 4 years.
    Curt, I hold onto this philosophy: "We continue to do our best until our destiny is revealed"! A quote from a great movie "Last Samurai".

Suzanne

[This message was edited by Suzanne Poon on 01-24-05 at 08:29 AM.]

Originally posted by Betheny:

How about:

UNITED, WE WILL STAND

and

FREEDOM FROM PARALYSIS
    Support the C. Reeve Paralysis Act?

Name of our group? Think fast.
    Beth, perhaps we shouldn't use 'Support the C. Reeve Paralysis Act' twice simply because the majority of folks are not advised of the contents of which. How about:-

UNITED, WE WILL STAND
    Fund Treatments to Cure Paralysis

followed by

FREEDOM FROM PARALYSIS

Name of our group: how about 'CareCureCommunity - CureParalysisNow'?

Suzanne

[This message was edited by Suzanne Poon on 01-24-05 at 08:24 AM.]

Originally posted by Betheny:

Time for rally? 8:30 till noon?

Maybe I'll wait until Tuesday morning to mail the app.

Faye is right, I bet Washington is thinking they've heard the last of the CRPA with CR's passing.

Mwuuuhaaahaaaaa. Pesky crips.

"You need to march. You need to demand action. You need to stop feeling unempowered and do something...Freedom is your right. Until you claim your self-confidence and know your worth, no one will give it to you. It starts with you."-LetsGo
    Betheny, the Jan. 6th march I attended started at 10:00 AM. Personally, given the time it takes to get ready in the morning for most sci, I would go with the 10:00 AM start for our group as well.

We should schedule appts starting maybe 11:45. Appts usually run just 10-15 min. each, so our message should be concise. Who is going to work on the leave-behind packet?

~ Choices Are The Hinges Of Destiny ~

Originally posted by Suzanne Poon:

Beth, perhaps we shouldn't use 'Support the C. Reeve Paralysis Act' twice simply because the majority of folks are not advised of the contents of which. How about:-

UNITED, WE WILL STAND
    Fund Treatments to Cure Paralysis

followed by

FREEDOM FROM PARALYSIS

Name of our group: how about 'CareCureCommunity - CureParalysisNow'?

Suzanne
    Beautiful suggestions, I fully agree, Suzanne!

As Clipper was saying we need to think in terms of pictures in the media, so I've been concerned about adding a second line on any banner. I need to check on "visibility" of two lines on one banner. The four very distinct messages, may even deserve their own separate banners....., though that may be too many banners for our group....

~ Choices Are The Hinges Of Destiny ~

LetsGo said something important:

Let them know you won't go away and you will be back again.

Anyway to incorporate that into the march, via a banner , brochure or speaker

Wow, what a great idea! We will be heard. Count me in. There are some great ideas posted here. I agree with keeping it non-politcal and to the point, like a few have said. Simple and direct. Any committees set up yet? Please give me something to do. I offer my services.

Leia

Bigb, I enjoy reading each word written by LetsGo!

Princess, I guarantee that you will be busy like hell in the next three months! Thanks again for your indispensable participation.

Suzanne