Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Agenda for Washington April 12

How about this:

Freedom from Paralysis
    United We Will Stand

I think our banners should all read "George Bush, we want the freedom and liberty to have our bodies back again, it is possible through properly funded science".

Banner 1:

UNITED, WE WILL STAND
    Fund Clinical Trials to Cure Paralysis

Banner 2:

FREEDOM FROM PARALYSIS

My only problem with the word "trials" is that some people might think of it in legal terms. Thoughts?

I'll coordinate with you, Faye, and order them from the same place. I'll have them shipped to you. Sound good?

Originally posted by Clipper:

My only problem with the word "trials" is that some people might think of it in legal terms. Thoughts?
    Alternate words for trial in the Word thesaurus:
    "test, examination, experiment, check, tryout, audition, testing, assessment". Alternate meanings of the word "trial" = hearing (tribunal, court case, judgement), ordeal (hardship, pain, suffering, trouble, misery, distress, burden, worry,difficulty, anxiety, tribulation), experimental (probationary, pilot, provisional, test, sample)

How about "testing" instead of "trial"?

It's good to be careful, but, If they never heard of a clinical trial I would think we are talking to the wrong people to ask for support.

Originally posted by Curt Leatherbee:

I think our banners should all read "George Bush, we want the freedom and liberty to have our bodies back again, it is possible through properly funded science".
    CUTE Curt, and so right on! But at this point we just want to put a face on sci. Most likely after CR's passing, congress does not expect to see us. They expect us to become even more invisible. So the BIG SURPRISE for them will be to see 100 or so wheelchairs clogging up the hall ways of the senate building.

And we will be using one of your key words which also happens to be the current administration's favorite word: FREEDOM ( on one of the banners)

~ Choices Are The Hinges Of Destiny ~

Originally posted by BigB:

It's good to be careful, but, If they never heard of a clinical trial I would think we are talking to the wrong people to ask for support.
    Again, think of it in terms of seeing a photo. I'm not sure if "clinical trials" is a term that is easily understood by the public. Legislators, yes. Public, maybe not.

Originally posted by BigB:
    Again, think of it in terms of seeing a photo. I'm not sure if "clinical trials" is a term that is easily understood by the public. Legislators, yes. Public, maybe not.
    Maybe:
    Fund Treatments to Cure Paralysis

~ Choices Are The Hinges Of Destiny ~

how about Insuring promising therapies are examined

Banner 1:

_UNITED, WE WILL STAND_
    Fund Clinical Trials to Cure Paralysis

Banner 2:

_FREEDOM FROM PARALYSIS_

I'll coordinate with you, Faye, and order them from the same place. I'll have them shipped to you. Sound good?
    Clipper...I agree about the "trials"...Average Joe on the street doesn't know what it means, why it's needed, what are the barriers to them, why we are demonstrating, who's on trial, etc. It's already getting more complicated rather than less.

Faye...I think you hit it right on the head...simple, direct, nothing you have to figure out.

Is this demonstration about getting CRPA passed? (I thought it was) getting more research? attacking President Bush? (as Curtis wants to do) Maybe we need Betheny to write the Mission Statement so everyone is on the same page.

Another suggestion for banner #1:

UNITED WE WILL STAND
    Fund The Research

Or even just the first line by itself.

Anyway...now I'm up to 4 cents

Kap

(This space available)