Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: REGISTRATION for the Washington March-SIGN UP HERE!

REGISTRATION for the Washington March-SIGN UP HERE!

NEW: Jeff has developed an official REGISTRATION FORM for us!!!!

Having settled on April 12th for the Washington March, we need to really get our registrations going!!!!

We had started compiling a list of CC registrants in the activism thread. Please post in this thread to be added to the list, or e-mail me at fayeforcure@yahoo.com.

Betheny and I will keep this list updated.
    These are the CC members who have registered so far:

Honorary neuroscientist and scheduled speaker Dr. Wise Young, New York
    Betheny, Oklahoma
    Suzanne Poon, Hong Kong
    Clipper, OR ( likely )
    Curt Leatherbee, Rhode Island
    BigB, New Jersey
    Faye, Florida
    jv, Texas
    Tom Pierce, Texas ( likely)
    metronycguy, NY
    cspine, Texas
    scott pruett, Virginia ( likely)
    foster, PA
    jeff weeks, new jersey (added by Beth)
    Kaprikorn1 and his better half
    Hope2findacure, Texas (maybe)
    Princess "Leia", Florida
    EAA (likely)
    zillazangel, North Carolina
    Robk, Washington DC
    Purk, WV
    Korby, NJ
    Deadeye, VA (likely)
    Chris Skinner, WV (likely)
    superstar
    mattanderika, Illinois
    jack9166, Ohio
    ineedmyelin, Texas
    jimnms, MS
    Emmy Arnett Duffy, PA
    Skyco,OH
    Lizbv, OH
    clc379
    hallina, FL
    wise young
    Chaz19, MA
    lilsister, TN
    JDR, NC
    november, OR
    Cathy and Dan J, NJ
    chastev8, GA

~ Choices Are The Hinges Of Destiny ~

[This message was edited by Faye on 01-31-05 at 09:03 AM.]

[This message was edited by Betheny on 02-04-05 at 11:42 PM.]

bump

"You need to march. You need to demand action. You need to stop feeling unempowered and do something...Freedom is your right. Until you claim your self-confidence and know your worth, no one will give it to you. It starts with you."-LetsGo

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Faye:

The block of 30 rooms is in-town. Only those who take their time to decide their participation may need to look to the outlying areas. For those on a budget, remember Suzanne's offer to "subsidize" 10 rooms at $100 per night for 2 nights!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please do not hesitate to email me at suzanneforcure@yahoo.com.hk. It would be my pleasure and honor to contribute in this way!

Suzanne

Suzanne

Hi,

This is my first post and my husband who is a C-4/C-5 quad and I would like to travel to DC for the march in April. Anyone who can send me info about hotel rooms, especilly assessible ones would be great. Matt has no functional movement of anything below his shoulders and this will be our first get away since his sci 4 years ago.

I also wanted to kow if anybody knew of medical rental equiptment places in Cincinnati (we will probably stop there the first night) and then of course in DC. Matt is about 6'5" and weighs 240 lbs and I can only transfer him using a hoyer lift which is what I would need to rent.

Since we will be driving we don't have to have a hotel close to the activities if others would need the rooms more, but we would need a somewhat accessible room.

Anyway, we want to go and just need a push in the right direction and how we get started.

Thanks! Erika

I'm in but having problems figuring out where to sign up.

Jack

"Stand strong in the storms of life,The sun will always shine on you" Kid Rock

Yea, i cant find where i sign up!

How about CareCure having the honor of putting up the first link to register for the march as a link
    on the homepage of this site. Right now it could be linked to the registration thread, and later relinked to the March site, when we finally get one up and running.
    I think we are losing some would be marchers because they don't know where to register.

[This message was edited by BigB on 01-26-05 at 01:24 PM.]

Originally posted by BigB:

How about CareCure having the honor of putting up the first link to register for the march as a link
    on the homepage of this site. Right now it could be linked to the registration thread, and later relinked to the March site, when we finally get one up and running.
    Didn't Patricia graciously offer to quickly change the site created for the "Rally for the Cure" for this purpose?

SusanM,

This is why, as posted by Leo:

what do we want, CURE

cure what, PARALYSIS

when, NOW

and what do we have,

all together now................

CURE PARALYSIS NOW
    and www.CureParalysisNow.org there to use and ready to go.

~ Choices Are The Hinges Of Destiny ~

I think for now you can register by just replying to this post. Also, for those who have the time, I think it would be cool to keep a diary of every little detail you had to take care of to make the trip (I'm looking at mattanderika's post, for example). If we could assemble just a few of these diaries and present them to legislators, we might make a powerful statement about the realities of SCI.