Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I Need Suggestions...My Pain is Severe Right Now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TM Girl View Post

I know both these things, I do read posts and consider contents of individual posts before responding. I thought this was a safe place to share experiences and give mutual support, that is what and why I was posting. Thank you darkeyed daisy you understand. I hope that the person I was specifically posting to will similarly understand my aim was to help.

However in view of these two responses from people it seems this is not a safe or supportive place. I really do not understand why it is necessary or appropriate to be rude and offensive. You obviously did not read my post properly. Why should I bother taking time to read and consider people’s posts and then try to offer support and share personal experiences if I am just going to be abused without reason or purpose? Answer I won’t bother, I choose not to be around such people.

Ignore SMASHMS! T8 has a different sense of humor but was being facetious...it seems that is my favorite word lately...as he was not being literal when he posted that. It was a dig at SMASH not you.

Our resident SMASH has a sordid and avaricious history here so please don't let it stop you from posting.

It is hard to "read people's reactions on the internet without body language" but SMASH was being rude in her reply.

Kyle is struggling with the same issues we are all struggling so I can say without a doubt he truly appreciates your support here.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

rocking chair as possible therapy for neurogenic pain

hi kyle, sorry you're in such relentless pain.
    i don't know your level of injury and won't attempt to advise about meds.
    one low-tech treatment that's helped me manage neurogenic pain
    is transferring into a sturdy rocking chair with a seat cushion, then rocking
    for a half hour or so. my guess (not supported by anything but my own experience) is that the motion of rocking creates just enough movement to satisfy the nervous system and quell those nerve signals that create pain for us.
    i haven't seen this idea mentioned on CC before and have hesitated to write about it because it's so ordinary, but it really helps me control my neurogenic pain.
    if you have an opportunity to try it, it probably couldn't hurt, as long as you are safely in a stable rocking chair. i can use my feet/legs to push the rocker, but if you can't, maybe you could have your rocker set near something stable like a door handle and tie a piece of rope to that--you could hold on to the rope to keep the rocker moving... good luck in finding a solution asap.

crash, I think it acts as a bodily "distraction" to pain. Like the reflex to press on a new injury which helps the pain.

I know when my pain is at extreme levels I'm unable to remain still, to be motionless is completely unbearable. A slight steady movement like rocking myself (I don't use a chair) provides a minimal distraction which lessens the pain slightly.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

I was being sarcastic TM girl. I though smashms comments to you were rude and was expressing support for you believe it or not.
    I apologise, I did not know that your were being sarcastic. It is difficult in text, easier in conversation. I should know - one needs a doctorate/P.h.d in irony and sarcasm to "get" some of my partners conversational comments!

I know when my pain is at extreme levels I'm unable to remain still, to be motionless is completely unbearable.
    I completely understand that, when the internal "vibrations" chime in along with the other pain I find it impossible to stay still and have to move even if that is only lying down and rocking from side to side.

I don't know about faking, but last time I checked I am a real person with a non traumatic sci and in constant neuro pain. The thought that people would fake being in pain and post on this forum is not something I have thought of, maybe I am being naive.
    Last edited by TM Girl; 01-19-2013 at 06:24 PM. Reason: forgot to add final para

Quote Originally Posted by TM Girl View Post
    I apologise, I did not know that your were being sarcastic. It is difficult in text, easier in conversation. I should know - one needs a doctorate/P.h.d in irony and sarcasm to "get" some of my partners conversational comments!
    No worries, sarcasm doesn't come through well in text. Once you have been here a while you will learn I have a weird sense of humor.