Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I Need Suggestions...My Pain is Severe Right Now!!!

I feel miserable and can't sleep with my terrible neurogenic pain. I've reached my limit of trying to "get used to the pain"...as one doc said. I'm calling the pain clinic...
    C4/5 incomplete, 17 years since injury

"The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” - Carlos Castaneda

"We live not alone but chained to a creature of a different kingdom: our body." - Marcel Proust

I don't understand doctors who tell you to just get use to the pain.

I don’t understand them either but they certainly don’t understand what central nerve pain is like. How can you get used to a crazy pain which comes in many different manifestations and in a random order. I guess I could get used to my chronic degenerative disk pain (at C6 & C7 caused by injury when I was young) because apart from the on and off numb hands it is basically the same pain. In fact I just ignore it most of the time. But my neuro pain (from T12) is so changeable (minute by minute sometimes). How can you get used to muscle spasms and electric shocks that just come out of the blue. That is not pain you can get used to because it’s unpredictable and bloody well full on nasty bastard pain.

Thanks you ladies and gentlemen – rant over!

Hi KyleP2112,

Sorry you are having such a rough time. No one should (or could) be told to just get used to neuro pain. I guess you have tried various combinations of pain meds but keep on insisting on trying new and different combos until you find something that helps. We have pain clinics in the UK and my experience has been they will do anything they can to help, the problem here is “budgets” in the NHS not what meds/procedures are on offer or Drs willingness to prescribe medications, bottom line is if you need it you usually get it.

Good luck I hope you get some relief soon.

Quote Originally Posted by smashms View Post
    He is going to a pain management group if you read his responses. He is also in the states not the uk.
    AND she just shared her experiences of the UK system and wished Kyle well while encouraging him to persevere to find something that worked.

Why the smart ass reply to her?
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by smashms View Post
    He is going to a pain management group if you read his responses. He is also in the states not the uk.
    Great job patrolling these forums!

Great job patrolling these forums!

I know both these things, I do read posts and consider contents of individual posts before responding. I thought this was a safe place to share experiences and give mutual support, that is what and why I was posting. Thank you darkeyed daisy you understand. I hope that the person I was specifically posting to will similarly understand my aim was to help.

However in view of these two responses from people it seems this is not a safe or supportive place. I really do not understand why it is necessary or appropriate to be rude and offensive. You obviously did not read my post properly. Why should I bother taking time to read and consider people’s posts and then try to offer support and share personal experiences if I am just going to be abused without reason or purpose? Answer I won’t bother, I choose not to be around such people.

TM girl, some people open mouth & insert foot, please try not to let those lovely people chase you away.

Smashms, how do you find that she was a he, ot that he/she is from the states?. El Burstro, I agree that if you haven't been asked to root out fakers, mind your own business. The whole idea that people fake to be on this site blows my mind. Sick pups.

Quote Originally Posted by TM Girl View Post

I know both these things, I do read posts and consider contents of individual posts before responding. I thought this was a safe place to share experiences and give mutual support, that is what and why I was posting. Thank you darkeyed daisy you understand. I hope that the person I was specifically posting to will similarly understand my aim was to help.

However in view of these two responses from people it seems this is not a safe or supportive place. I really do not understand why it is necessary or appropriate to be rude and offensive. You obviously did not read my post properly. Why should I bother taking time to read and consider people’s posts and then try to offer support and share personal experiences if I am just going to be abused without reason or purpose? Answer I won’t bother, I choose not to be around such people.

I was being sarcastic TM girl. I though smashms comments to you were rude and was expressing support for you believe it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by lonecoaster View Post
    Smashms, how do you find that she was a he, ot that he/she is from the states?. El Burstro, I agree that if you haven't been asked to root out fakers, mind your own business. The whole idea that people fake to be on this site blows my mind. Sick pups.
    Check your sarcasm detector, it is broken.