Thread: ugh

ugh

The last 2-3 yrs I had not been bothered with my tailbone area pain but since this fall it has been back with a vengance!!!! ONLY way to get away from it is to lay down but that's getting pretty old!! Wish they could come up with a miracle pill to take away the pain without NOT messing with your head!!!

Quote Originally Posted by duge View Post
    The last 2-3 yrs I had not been bothered with my tailbone area pain but since this fall it has been back with a vengance!!!! ONLY way to get away from it is to lay down but that's getting pretty old!! Wish they could come up with a miracle pill to take away the pain without NOT messing with your head!!!
    Sorry your having such pain. I wish you well Duge. An idea to try would be Meditation.. On itunes Popcast listen to Patrica Bloom it may help. My neurosurgeon recommended it to me. I am going to start listening to her, I hope it helps us both. Feel Better

When I have pressure issues I put the area in question on an old beaverskin fur coat. I'm sure any natural fur would work, e.g. sheepskin. I wound up w/ beaver b/c it was $50 and 50 yrs old on ebay.

It has saved my heel and my tailbone so far. It seems to relieve both pressure and shearing. I'm normal weight now but when I was dangerously thin the beaver saved me from flap surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by betheny View Post
    When I have pressure issues I put the area in question on an old beaverskin fur coat. I'm sure any natural fur would work, e.g. sheepskin. I wound up w/ beaver b/c it was $50 and 50 yrs old on ebay.

It has saved my heel and my tailbone so far. It seems to relieve both pressure and shearing. I'm normal weight now but when I was dangerously thin the beaver saved me from flap surgery.
    WOW! Betheny, What a great Idea. I love E-Bay! I have gotton some really great deals there. I went to an Estate Sale out here in Long Island, and purchased a Blond Beaver Fur Coat. I guess I can spread it on my bed and lay on it, and see if it helps with my pain I'll try. Thanks

I hear you D. Pain gets old. Hope better days are on the way soon.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Pain comes when I sit for a while, guess that's why I lay most of the time! The pain part of it is so much different in each one of us but one thing we could all live without!!!! But I always remember that there's ALWAY'S people in worse shape out there!!!!!

Pain comes when I sit for a while, guess that's why I lay most of the time! The pain part of it is so much different in each one of us but one thing we could all live without!!!! But I always remember that there's ALWAY'S people in worse shape out there!!!!!
    Me too. My hips start throbbing when I sit for a while. I lay down and watch TV then I sit up and do my crafts or whatever.

I think it gets worse with age too. I used to just be able to go on in spite of the pain but it gets me now.

There's always things in life to be thankful for. I try to remember that too.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown