Thread: Research Study for Parents with SCI

Research Study for Parents with SCI

Are you a Parent Living with SCI?

Parenting--with or without SCI--brings great joy as well as great challenges.

Researchers at the University of Wisconsin are seeking parents with SCI to participate in an online study of the successes and struggles of parenting.

You may be eligible to participate if you:
    - Have had an SCI for 6 months or more
    - Parent a child (or children) between ages 1 and 10 years of age
    - Have at least 50% physical custody of your child(ren)

For more information, email Britta Jabbar at BJABBAR at WISC dot EDU

*Addendum: This study and associated recruitment methods (including through the CareCure Community Forum) was approved on 12/6/2012 by the University of Wisconsin-Madison's Social and Behavioral Sciences Institutional Review Board (IRB) under protocol #2012-0920: Study of Parents with Physical Disabilities. For any concerns or complaints, please contact the investigator (Britta Jabbar) or the IRB (LMLARSON at LS dot WISC dot EDU).
    Last edited by bjabbar; 12-10-2012 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Inclusion of IRB information

Was this method of soliciting study subjects approved by your IRB??? If so, please post their contact information for any complaints about the conduct of this study, and when the approval was obtained. List your full name and contact information. Surveys posted on our forums can be put only on this forum, and we warn all our members not to participate without the information indicated above. As an ethical researcher, I am sure you understand.

KLD

Thank you for raising this important issue. I have revised my post to include the information you requested.