Thread: thinking kidney stone

thinking kidney stone

i pissed blood my first thought was uti so i went to the doctor it was neg. he put me on cipro just in case. the next couple of days my bladder started burning and my back feels sore wear my kidneys are. i only pissed blood the one day i'm going to call the doctor monday. anybody had to this. any advice.
    Street Dreamz c.c. maryland

Prescribing an antibiotic without evidence of an infection is not a good practice. It can contribute to the development of resistant strains of bacteria and side effects such a c. diff infection. Kidney stones can usually be detected by a sonogram. Bloody urine can result from catheter irritation.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

When I had a kidney stone I had little abdominal spasms, back when I had zero spasticity. That was my first clue.

Well it is deff some sort of infection or possibly kidney or blader stones.... Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in if its an infection. Make sure you drink plenty of fluids and can even try a half a teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water for a little relief. But if say if it continues make sure to get a hold of your doc ASAP! Hope you feel better soon!

Hematuria (blood in urine) is predominantly caused by trauma to the urethra or bladder with catheterization or having the catheter tugged on. If the blood in the urine does not resolve in a timely manner (1-2 days) then a urinalysis and urine culture and sensitivity should be taken. It's when blood in the urine occurs more often than once, then you need a urology consult to rule out UTI or bladder stones. A ultrasound or abdominal CT can confirm bladder or kidney stones. Both can cause hematuria.

pbr