Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Working 2 Walk: The Book

Quote Originally Posted by Patton57 View Post
    Any word on this?
    I was asked via kickstarter the address to send my copies a few days ago, so I guess the book must be available shortly.

Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

it's available on lulu.com

http://www.lulu.com/shop/kate-willet...-21040246.html

i just ordered a copy yesterday.

"Hard-copy versions of the book are currently available for order at Lulu.com in a large format, spiral binding that is easy to manipulate. Additional print and electronic versions will be available soon from Amazon"

http://u2fp.org/working-2-walk-2012-the-book/
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Yep, it's done.

I wanted to wait to make the announcement until it was out in all the formats, which are:

spiral bound from lulu.com for people who find the usual books hard to manage
    regular (called "perfect") binding from either lulu or amazon, tho' lulu is quicker
    nook
    kindle

Right now you can order either of the first two by going to lulu.com and typing Working2Walk into the search box. We're working out the glitches in getting it properly formatted to nook and kindle; that will happen in the next week or so.

When you do the search on the lulu.com page, you see the same image twice. The first option that comes up is spiral bound, and the one underneath it is perfect bound.

Amazon will only publish the perfect bound version . . . a source of much head-banging at my house, because I wanted the spiral binding so that all the people who wanted to read it would be able to manage it. (My own husband has trouble holding a regular book and turning its pages, right? Why would I publish something he couldn't easily read?) If the perfect format works for you and you like amazon.com, you'll be able to go there and buy it next Tuesday or Wednesday. If you wait another week or so, you'll be able to get a kindle or nook version.

Anyway.

I kind of love it. I definitely love that it's actually done, and that people will get to have it and read it before w2w 2013 goes to Boston. I can't even start to tell you how much I learned in the process of writing it -- like, the stuff I didn't know would have filled a whole 'nother volume.

Those of you who kicked in over at kickstarter: THANK YOU! Your copies will be arriving very soon, and if you haven't given me addresses where to send them yet, please do it.

I'm so ready to hear what has moved forward since last year, and for the first time ever I think I might be capable of asking an informed question. Which is awesome.

"Hope is like a road in the country; there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence." Lin Yutang