Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Working 2 Walk: The Book

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Pendleton View Post
    This book will have no pics of attendees? With that semi-'accessible' room it was a make up free 3 days. IOWs, if you do, you better photoshop.
    I was counting on the photos without make up or hair brushing. <VBG>

Boom, done!

Attachment 47897

That means there's going to be a book, for real, about the conference and the science and the scientists and the advocates.

So effing happy!

By the way, Wise, this is a good birthday present for you -- a story that had its start right here at CC is going to be in print. Thank you so much, and happy birthday.

k

Congratulations to you Kate and also to your backers. Good job!
    2012 SCINetUSA Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by kate View Post
    Boom, done!

Attachment 47897

That means there's going to be a book, for real, about the conference and the science and the scientists and the advocates.

So effing happy!

By the way, Wise, this is a good birthday present for you -- a story that had its start right here at CC is going to be in print. Thank you so much, and happy birthday.

k

YEAH!!! Can't wait to read it!

Writing is going well & I have someone great to help me with design stuff.

I wanted to invite any of you who have a memory or a thought about any of the conferences to post it here if you'd be willing to be quoted, or even if you're not willing.

I spent some time last week reading those Jan -March 2005 threads when the very first event was being thrown together like a crazy casserole. Totally helter skelter, baby, but it turned out so well. That's the prologue.

congratulations and I hope it all turns out well

Hello Kate,

I read through all your blogs, I think a book is a great idea. Best of luck to you.

My biggest thought/memory about the latest W2W is the positive, forward-thinking, collaboration that the researchers had. This kind of excitement was not present at the W2W in Chicago. They wanted to talk to each other and praised each other for their work. It wasn't just an "advertisment" for what they were doing. My husband and I came home with a renewed sense that this thing (SCI) might truly be a thing of the past. The conference motivated me to become much more active in the legislation proposed in Minnesota and to follow (and push) for more clinical trials.

Great idea Kate. If you need any interviews or research articles from the first rally in 2005 – I have some video footage, interviews with me and a few others from the Boston Globe and some other press that could be helpful. Just ping me with a PM.