Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Working 2 Walk: The Book

So Beth . . . what color would you like the sidebars with quotes from you to be?

LOL, I get sidebars? YAYYY! And thank you! Is it safe to assume the general theme is red, white and black? Have rarely seen it in print, but white on black would be catchy, no?

I'm ALMOST FAMOUS!

Quote Originally Posted by betheny View Post
    LOL, I get sidebars? YAYYY! And thank you! Is it safe to assume the general theme is red, white and black? Have rarely seen it in print, but white on black would be catchy, no?

I'm ALMOST FAMOUS!
    Girl, OF COURSE you get sidebars. You're pithy, snarky, and catchy -- not to mention a founding member of u2fp. The book idea is of course inspired, informed, and made possible by u2fp's magnificent achievements, but . . . it's not theirs. I'm doing it however I think is best, which is to say the color & design & sidebar collection are all in my hands. You're SO in.

NRH in 1992 had 2 voc rehab types who didn't know how to even turn on the PCs they had. My last computer had been the size of a house so my entire time with them was how to fit forearm supports to the desk holding one. Only library was in the rec rehab area with the games and plants. I did like some of the books in my shrink's office bookshelves but he wouldn't share.
    Yea, torn between who would want it to who would need it. I'm thinking the acute hospital's PTs who got me to a tilt table as fast as they could would love it. If US PT and OT schools are still teaching the deal with it model then I'm going to actually learn real German and go there after a cure is found. They judge discharge on need not insurance reimbursement.

LOL Sue. I'm torn betweenn the ppl that NEED the book vs. the ppl that would WANT such a thing.

Ppl that WANT it will find it...if we can get the ppl that NEED it to comprehend.

My dr's at TIRR would have trashed it. My PT was good at his job but too opposed to that whole "false hope" conundrum.

My OT introduced me to CC, via a fellow patient, a teenager that talked about how to work the old PC. Showed me to lay a mouse on its side; real basic and really useful stuff. Man I loved that kid. That talk was far more useful than the ones about "I stood up and prayed", I'll grant you that. Rafferty covered all the bases. He's getting a book from Kate!

Does anyone know if TIRR and other rehabs still have libraries? Has digital really taken over the world? I loved the library in rehab, but I love them all.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Does anyone know if TIRR and other rehabs still have libraries? Has digital really taken over the world? I loved the library in rehab, but I love them all.
    I know Shepherd Center has a dedicated and staffed library with books, videos and yes even computers and fax machines for staff, family and patients.

Yikes, a slow-ish day at kickstarter . . . don't hold back, friends, you're giving me a heart attack here.

Quote Originally Posted by kate View Post
    Yikes, a slow-ish day at kickstarter . . . don't hold back, friends, you're giving me a heart attack here.

You just got another backer

Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post
    You just got another backer

Paolo
    Thank you, sir! 37% of the way there . . .

You are now an official backer of Working 2 Walk: The Book. Time to tell the world about it!

Quote Originally Posted by c473s View Post
    You are now an official backer of Working 2 Walk: The Book. Time to tell the world about it!
    Thank you! As of this moment, $4,875 of support, which is 42% of the goal reached after just 5 days. Sixteen of 31 backers are from CC! Go, us.