Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Working 2 Walk: The Book

I'm racking my brain trying to think who else could help you promote this. Have you talked to ProfessirX? He's always plugged into tons of ppl.

Quote Originally Posted by betheny View Post
    I'm racking my brain trying to think who else could help you promote this. Have you talked to ProfessirX? He's always plugged into tons of ppl.
    I have not . . . could you mail him a link?

Come on folks. Kate needs some more help to be able to write this book!
    2012 SCINetUSA Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Can I pledge without using kickstarter? I am having problems with it and can't complete a pledge.

Quote Originally Posted by betheny View Post
    I'll do that!
    http://www.facebook.com/ProfessirX

Some news --

Today I got a check for $500 from a CC person who doesn't use credit cards. I'll add it to the total, which will put us at $5,375, which is very close to half way!

Seeing that today only marks the end of the first week, I'm feeling very hopeful that this is going to happen.

What's been most surprising is that instead of a lot of people saying, yes, $30 for a book and an e-book download, there are a small number of people saying, here's a few hundred bucks and I don't really need anything in exchange.

I thought it would be just the opposite! When I imagined doing this project, the main thing I was sure of was that in my extended network there would be at least 400 people with $30 worth of interest . . . so far, that hasn't been how it's played out at all. But I still think it would be best, because if I get to produce this, I don't want to make 50 copies. I want to make a thousand. Or twenty thousand.

It's a story worth telling, and worth spreading around. The money isn't a donation . . . it's an advance payment in exchange for something in return, along with a little "kick" to get the thing started.

Thanks to all of you who care about this and tell people who might want to know.

k

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-walk-the-book

Bump Bump......Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!

Sixteen days to go

and more than half the funding is there.

Attachment 47744

What makes me happiest is that in the last few days, a dozen new $30 backers have stepped up to kick in a little and pre-order their copies.

Thanks, everybody. We're going to make this happen.

Here's the link. If you have an amazon account, it's 30 seconds and 4 clicks and done.

Quote Originally Posted by kate View Post
    and more than half the funding is there.

Attachment 47744

What makes me happiest is that in the last few days, a dozen new $30 backers have stepped up to kick in a little and pre-order their copies.

Thanks, everybody. We're going to make this happen.

Here's the link. If you have an amazon account, it's 30 seconds and 4 clicks and done.
    Kate,

do you have a plan B in case we just get close to the amount needed?
    I mean if let's say the last day you miss 1500$ would you consider having a sponsor and put his name on the book?
    Or maybe someone could be willing to cover the amount that is missing?

One of the problems I see is that for many people might be difficult to imagine the positive effect that your book may have in feeding the cure effort to possibly create a criticl mass of people and actions to make a cure happen faster.

Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming