Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Specs for a ZRA2 with flip-up footrests (DU 100082)

I have bought a Black & Decker ASI 500 air compressor and it works well, it weights 2 kg.

Congratulations about the new chair, i'm glad that everything went well. The chair looks good.
    About the air compressor see this ones you have many choices
    http://www.nuair.it/portal/index.php...5&lang=english

Quote Originally Posted by maxrodas View Post
    Congratulations about the new chair, i'm glad that everything went well. The chair looks good.
    About the air compressor see this ones you have many choices
    http://www.nuair.it/portal/index.php...5&lang=english
    These compressors do not provide high pressure: only 8 bars, not enough for high pressure tires.

And some more pictures of just the chair

Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Just advice - be careful with each placement of cushion onto frame. It is very close to wheels. Cushion will wear some with use as well as the cover. This could result in rubbing against tire and 1 will wear a hole in cver if you are not aware and 2 the friction created with something like this can make it more difficult to propel. Do you have any kind of silid piece inside the cover dor firmness? This makes cover a bit "slippy" based on if anything inside to hold all things in place.

Thanks for the input Big and Maxrodas.

Unfortunately, the Black & Decker ASI 500 can not be powered by AC. The AC is only for charging the battery from what I can see. I did look into the the Black & Decker ASI 300, which can be powered by AC, but it gets many bad reviews about the lack of quality.

I checked on the Schwable site, and also on the tires themselves, and the Marathon Plus Evolutions are rated for 6 -10 bar (85-145 psi). The recommendations for Inflation pressure are for an “average rider” weighing about 75 kg.

With Rob being lighter, and also needing a bit softer of a ride, we think 8 bar (116 psi) will be enough for now. I would have preferred the option to have 9 bar (130 psi) or 10 bar (145 psi), but will wait to see how things go before doing that. If I have to lug a big tank system around there is less chance that I will do it consistently, which is probably worse.

We decided to go with a motor driven compressor, rather than piston driven with a tank. Einhell is a good German make, and has good reviews for high pressure wheelchair tires. It also comes with the necessary attachments and is not too expensive.

Einhell Air Compressor Kit BT-AC 180 Kit 8 bar €85 (includes attachments)
    (click for bigger images)

For reference, for 9-10 Bar compressors that are AC powered and small, the only I can find in Europe are:

Stanley Airboss 10 bar €159 (have to buy all attachments separately for € 210,90 in total)

NuAir, Revolution Air Big & Easy, 10 bar €159 (includes attachments).

NuAir, Revolution Air Movy 9 bar €165 (includes attachments)

Note: I have probably put 20-30 hours into web searching, and also had someone else looking. I also find that many compressors are not shipped internationally, even in Europe, and not all are sold in all countries.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Thanks rlmtrhmiles, but I think we will be okay once we get the ADI CF side guards. I just sent a template to ADI to make them, and hope to have them soon. I wanted to get the chair dialed in as much as possible before doing that. So far, the Varalite Evolution is holding it's shape pretty well without rubbing on the wheels. The bigger problem is clothes getting stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by rlmtrhmiles View Post
    Just advice - be careful with each placement of cushion onto frame...

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    I like it. Because of the flip up foot rests and width at feet, this is the first rigid Tilite I'd love to try out.
    Why is that? Do you do any foot propeling? Or is that something thats important to you for transfers?

elarsen, curiosity here. How come the handles are much higher than the height of the back? Is that to make it easier for you assisting? Or your husband hooking an arm around them for stability? I have a relatively speaking higher back than most, and my push handles are a bit lower than the heighest point of the back. My Jay 3 is also sort of "peaked" where the center is higher allowing me more back support with complete freedom for my shoulder blades.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Your side guards should work just fine. Are you haveing them cut to be parallel to the height of the wire/wheel?

Quote Originally Posted by elarson View Post
    Thanks rlmtrhmiles, but I think we will be okay once we get the ADI CF side guards. I just sent a template to ADI to make them, and hope to have them soon. I wanted to get the chair dialed in as much as possible before doing that. So far, the Varalite Evolution is holding it's shape pretty well without rubbing on the wheels. The bigger problem is clothes getting stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lin View Post
    Why is that? Do you do any foot propeling? Or is that something thats important to you for transfers?
    ...clip...
    I like to rest my feet on the floor and paddle around with them a little, but I push with my arms. My legs are useless for transferring because my quads are nearly totally paralyzed. I think this chair is the correct FSH for me and there is more space between the footrests than the others I’ve seen. Of course I would not want the foot rests on there at all. It looks like a fun ride ... for a wheelchair.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.