Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Parties!

One more thing...screw siblings. I have 1 family member left and still can't please everyone. Done trying. I changed his diapers and he wants to correct my lifestye LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by betheny View Post
    One more thing...screw siblings. I have 1 family member left and still can't please everyone. Done trying. I changed his diapers and he wants to correct my lifestye LOL.
    My ex hated Christmas so I normally worked them. Once my mom died 16yrs ago this month, we never really got together for Christmas anymore. In fact - that was the last Christmas I ever spent with my dad - 16yrs - wow. I know he and his wife don't do anything on that day (they do Boxing Day with her family) but he has never accepted an invite to my sister's or my place for whatever reason.

I'd rather one brother go to his in-laws or he'd eat me out of house and home and EXPECTS expensive gifts (not kidding!!!) Never spent Christmas with my eldest brother since age 17 ... so it might be a first. I already bought two gifts for him but I haven't invited him yet nor put up a tree. I'd like to get a line on a fresh local turkey if I can ... soo much better than frozen.

If that falls through, I'll either volunteer to work so one of the part-timers can have it off with family or go for a drive. Co-workers have invited me to their family's Christmases but I always feel like the intruder so I've never taken them up on it.

Anyway, the work party was excellent ... but for some unknown reason I become particularly sloshed and had to have one of my co-workers drive me home with his wife following ... *red-faced*. I have not been drunk - to my memory - in about fifteen years. The meal was excellent, not so much when it comes back the other way (never mix ... even as an adult I should know better!!!) I noticed people who avoid others being quite nice to one another and that was heart-warming to see. One of our officers received the Queen's Diamond Jubilee medal as well - quite a thing to see it and hold it in my hand and it's certainly well deserved to the guy who received it. (Kind of a big deal here in Canada).

The place was uber accessible so the guys choosing our venue this year chose extremely well in thinking of me! <3

On a bad note, a friend's young son died and this will be my third trip to the funeral home within ten days. Bad time of year for that as I know. They're not sure if he choked or his heart stopped or what. His mother found him home alone. His only other sibling has Williams Syndrome, which is rare and shortens the life span.
    Last edited by lynnifer; 12-09-2012 at 04:26 PM.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    My ex hated Christmas so I normally worked them. Once my mom died 16yrs ago this month, we never really got together for Christmas anymore. In fact - that was the last Christmas I ever spent with my dad - 16yrs - wow. I know he and his wife don't do anything on that day (they do Boxing Day with her family) but he has never accepted an invite to my sister's or my place for whatever reason.

I'd rather one brother go to his in-laws or he'd eat me out of house and home and EXPECTS expensive gifts (not kidding!!!) Never spent Christmas with my eldest brother since age 17 ... so it might be a first. I already bought two gifts for him but I haven't invited him yet nor put up a tree. I'd like to get a line on a fresh local turkey if I can ... soo much better than frozen.

If that falls through, I'll either volunteer to work so one of the part-timers can have it off with family or go for a drive. Co-workers have invited me to their family's Christmases but I always feel like the intruder so I've never taken them up on it.

Anyway, the work party was excellent ... but for some unknown reason I become particularly sloshed and had to have one of my co-workers drive me home with his wife following ... *red-faced*. I have not been drunk - to my memory - in about fifteen years. The meal was excellent, not so much when it comes back the other way (never mix ... even as an adult I should know better!!!) I noticed people who avoid others being quite nice to one another and that was heart-warming to see. One of our officers received the Queen's Diamond Jubilee medal as well - quite a thing to see it and hold it in my hand and it's certainly well deserved to the guy who received it. (Kind of a big deal here in Canada).

The place was uber accessible so the guys choosing our venue this year chose extremely well in thinking of me! <3

On a bad note, a friend's young son died and this will be my third trip to the funeral home within ten days. Bad time of year for that as I know.
    so all those carbs dont count as they came back up?
    at least u had a good time!
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

I know - blew the diet totally off! lol Back to it today. Will take it easy at the next one this coming Saturday ... I remembered this morning why I don't drink often! Lost a glove, my favourite Christmas brooch (swarovski crystal wreath) and I'm still not sure where my car keys are!

A guy I know wanted a date to the movies early this afternoon but jeezus I didn't think I was still safe to drive ... kinda terrible to admit that to someone you're interested in! Great first impression! He thinks I blew him off as that's twice. I'll get back into good graces .. lol.

P.S. Rabbit is gamey like deer. Blech!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    I know - blew the diet totally off! lol Back to it today. Will take it easy at the next one this coming Saturday ... I remembered this morning why I don't drink often! Lost a glove, my favourite Christmas brooch (swarovski crystal wreath) and I'm still not sure where my car keys are!

A guy I know wanted a date to the movies early this afternoon but jeezus I didn't think I was still safe to drive ... kinda terrible to admit that to someone you're interested in! Great first impression! He thinks I blew him off as that's twice. I'll get back into good graces .. lol.

P.S. Rabbit is gamey like deer. Blech!
    sounds like it wasnt properly cooked.

haha well there is drinking and there is drinking too much. but at least you had fun
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

Agree with the above. Rabbit should not taste gamey.

As for the rest of your indulgences, it is good to just let go occasionally. I do it all the time. lol
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

It sounds like it was a pretty good time, but I agree, rabbit should have tasted much like dark meat chicken! lol Neither deer meat or rabbit taste gamey if fixed correctly. My husband does'nt hunt, he says if deer fixed correctly reminds you of beef, and rabbit reminds you of chicken, why kill Bambi and Thumper! lol So I have'nt had either since I was a kid and my dad still went hunting.

As for siblings......I have three that have'nt talked to me in fifteen years. Selfish so and so's.....

Thanks! Next one: Saturday: No drinking. AT ALL. Going to ignore bottles on each table ... at least that's the plan!

Last edited by lonecoaster; 12-12-2012 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Feel better

It was good ... too bad it didn't stay down. lol

I didn't go to the Town party last night ... I was afraid I would drink too much!

A terrible write-off of a week ... down 15lbs, back up 7lbs. No alcohol that leads to carb - not carpet - CARB munching!!!!