Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Parties!

Christmas Parties!

Mine's coming up on Saturday. Then the Town I work for will be next Saturday .. I expect standard 'hall cooked food.' But, our Association went all out! 1% of my pay cheque for 13yrs has gone to this (plus donations to the community which I certainly support but other things I can't take part in like the Santa skate, children's Christmas party, summer Family picnic, Tigers tickets for regular seats those b@stards! - they even considered buying a condo in Florida so we could all timeshare but it never got off the ground) ... so I'm going to enjoy this Saturday night!

Remember I'm on a friggin' strict diet .. though I'm considering partaking in alcohol (sugar, sugar, sugar) because we get 7 free drink tickets - the Chief always buys rounds - and there's VIP bottle service upstairs along with entertainment afterwards AND AN ELEVATOR as those guys checked before booking!) It will be too difficult to say no ... though I will need to think about how I get home! lol

Check this - THE MENU:

Starters
    Soup du Jour - Chef's Selection
    Seared Sea Scallops - Butternut Squash, sprouts, rabbit loin
    Roasted Beet & Spinach Salad - Bruleed goat cheese, arugula, sherry vinaigrette, candied walnuts

Mains
    Flat Iron Steak & Lobster - 8oz seared to mid-rare, 6oz broiled lobster tail,red wine demi, mashed potatoes, green beans carrots

Tenderloin - 8oz center cut beef, horseradish crust, 5 onion risotto, julienne vegetables

Seared Chicken Breast
    Basted, risotto cake, Brussels sprouts, herbed cream

Seared Salmon - honey and thyme glazed, broccoli, almonds, tomatoes, quinoa

Forest Mushroom Agnolitti - Cream, leeks, ricotta, parmesan

Butternut Squash Ravioli - Brown butter, sage, grana padano

Finishes

Carmel Chocolate Rice Crispy - Ice cream, house made marshmellow
    Cheese Cake - Featured flavour
    Fresh Fruit - with Chantilly cream and raspberry soulis

Wow ... I went for plain sea scallops with no sides, beef tenderloin with only green veggies ... and plain old fruit. I officially suck. LOL!

And call me a hick - but I've no idea wtf an agnolitti is when it's at home, nor a grana padano or a soulis.

What's yer plans? *hiccup* lol!

The irony of all this is that my sister no longer wants to be friendly since I started speaking to my eldest brother again ... my other brother goes to his in-laws and he's been pissing me off lately (I'm to buy his g/f's Christmas gift for which I'll never be repaid though he said he would in a few weeks - that means never ... a few years back I gave up my mother's wedding ring so he could have a gift to give her sheesh!) ... so I'm home alone for Christmas - ha! Unless I volunteer to work it so one of the young parents can have it off ... or I'm thinking about inviting my brother down and cooking him dinner since he hasn't had a family Christmas in 25yrs - not kidding! He's 54 now. I've only made lunch for him twice before - both were cold and in the summer. He's diabetic so I'd need to think about the menu.
    Last edited by lynnifer; 12-05-2012 at 11:10 PM.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Well I'm fucking jealous so now I'm adding a web link:

http://www.thecitygrillwindsor.com/

And we have no cheese selections - that's it! I'm putting in a complaint! lol ...

*tongue sticking out with extended hands at my ears with a wrinkled nose!*

What are you wearing? lol I thought I had decided but now I'm wondering if I should up my game ... no gowns or anything like that though.
    Last edited by lynnifer; 12-05-2012 at 11:19 PM.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

Did you see Bente's pic on facebook? Up that dress game, girlfriend!

Dingo and I have been invited to Santa Fe.

Screw your diet! Live-it!

Yes! I think Bente should post it here and make all the guys drool!!!

Have fun in Santa Fe!!! Wonder if Bruce's condo is available for Christmas? LOL

Woodland, CA, USA Old male, T12 incomplete TM 2004
    No Christmas parties but we will be having "Christmas Cheer", sort of a standing invitation to just about anyone who knows us to stop by on Christmas eve for "cheer".

If I were going to a Christmas party, I definitely would go dressed up as Santa. Red is such a warm color it makes me "jolly" just to wear it. (and with the Santa suit, everybody knows your name).
    TM 2004 T12 incomplete

I hope you have a good time at your party, and splurge a little. I have'nt had anything to drink since I started taking pain meds. Last time I tried a drink, I had just started on Lyrica, and my legs turned into noodles! Quite a surprise! I had a drink once in awile while taking Gabapentin with no problems, and even though I went back on the Gabapentin, I've been afraid to indulge.

Just make sure you have a safe ride home........and enjoy!

i blog for the local paper so they invited me to some xmas thing. <shrugs> i actually dislike crowds so it'll be a stretch and i need to work on my hatred of small talk, which prolly means i'll be shoving drinks in my face all night long
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

My old firm is nice enough to invite its old, disabled and retired partner to a Christmas Party at the Hyatt Regency in Bonita Springs, Florida. My mate and I decided to spend the night, even though I don't drink much because of the pain meds. It will be a fun time seeing everybody with lots of good food and adult beverages.
    2012 SCINetUSA Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Mine's coming up on Saturday. Then the Town I work for will be next Saturday .. I expect standard 'hall cooked food.' But, our Association went all out! 1% of my pay cheque for 13yrs has gone to this (plus donations to the community which I certainly support but other things I can't take part in like the Santa skate, children's Christmas party, summer Family picnic, Tigers tickets for regular seats those b@stards! - they even considered buying a condo in Florida so we could all timeshare but it never got off the ground) ... so I'm going to enjoy this Saturday night!

Remember I'm on a friggin' strict diet .. though I'm considering partaking in alcohol (sugar, sugar, sugar) because we get 7 free drink tickets - the Chief always buys rounds - and there's VIP bottle service upstairs along with entertainment afterwards AND AN ELEVATOR as those guys checked before booking!) It will be too difficult to say no ... though I will need to think about how I get home! lol

Check this - THE MENU:

Starters
    Soup du Jour - Chef's Selection
    Seared Sea Scallops - Butternut Squash, sprouts, rabbit loin
    Roasted Beet & Spinach Salad - Bruleed goat cheese, arugula, sherry vinaigrette, candied walnuts

Mains
    Flat Iron Steak & Lobster - 8oz seared to mid-rare, 6oz broiled lobster tail,red wine demi, mashed potatoes, green beans carrots

Tenderloin - 8oz center cut beef, horseradish crust, 5 onion risotto, julienne vegetables

Seared Chicken Breast
    Basted, risotto cake, Brussels sprouts, herbed cream

Seared Salmon - honey and thyme glazed, broccoli, almonds, tomatoes, quinoa

Forest Mushroom Agnolitti - Cream, leeks, ricotta, parmesan

Butternut Squash Ravioli - Brown butter, sage, grana padano

Finishes

Carmel Chocolate Rice Crispy - Ice cream, house made marshmellow
    Cheese Cake - Featured flavour
    Fresh Fruit - with Chantilly cream and raspberry soulis

Wow ... I went for plain sea scallops with no sides, beef tenderloin with only green veggies ... and plain old fruit. I officially suck. LOL!

And call me a hick - but I've no idea wtf an agnolitti is when it's at home, nor a grana padano or a soulis.

What's yer plans? *hiccup* lol!

The irony of all this is that my sister no longer wants to be friendly since I started speaking to my eldest brother again ... my other brother goes to his in-laws and he's been pissing me off lately (I'm to buy his g/f's Christmas gift for which I'll never be repaid though he said he would in a few weeks - that means never ... a few years back I gave up my mother's wedding ring so he could have a gift to give her sheesh!) ... so I'm home alone for Christmas - ha! Unless I volunteer to work it so one of the young parents can have it off ... or I'm thinking about inviting my brother down and cooking him dinner since he hasn't had a family Christmas in 25yrs - not kidding! He's 54 now. I've only made lunch for him twice before - both were cold and in the summer. He's diabetic so I'd need to think about the menu.
    Sounds like you have a big holiday planned. Just try to stay away from too many carbs for his Christmas meal. That should keep his blood sugar in control, if he does what he is supposed to do.

Have fun! One meal won't blow your diet.
    2012 SCINetUSA Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.