Thread: Round Betty CF Back and Tilite TR3

Round Betty CF Back and Tilite TR3

This question is for Erick or anyone using the RB CF back with the TR3:

Will there be any issue installing the RB CF back fit to the TR3 with the new rounded rigidizer bar? Or is the 4" deep backrest rigidizer bar a better option to go with the CF back? How much seat depth will the chair lose with this back?

Thanks.
    C5-C6 ASIA C - October 15, 1984
    Tilite ZRA Series 2
    The DIGITAL AWAKENING
    Living One Day At A Time
    www.petertan.com/blog/

You will need a minimum of 2.5" of clearance of depth of the rigidizer bar.Which is the depth of the shell. I personally use a 4" deep rigidizer bar on my ZR2 and there is plenty of clearance left. It would be best to confirm with Ti Lite how deep there new rounded rigidizer bar is.

Thanks Peter for this question that is of interest to me as I haven't yet finalized my order form for TR3, so don't expect answers from me, only more questions

Rounded bar is 3" deep in the middle I think so maybe the problem would not be with the mount but with the sides of the CF back.

I'm considering having no push handles and so using rigidizer bar as an alternative in rare occasions where I would need assistance but I'm afraid there could be not enough space left on the bar to grab it.

Erick, would it be possible for you to take a picture of your backrest with bar from above?

Thanks Erick, it's clear for me that I should get a 4" deep bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    ... I'm considering having no push handles and so using rigidizer bar as an alternative in rare occasions where I would need assistance but I'm afraid there could be not enough space left on the bar to grab it.
    The standard rigidizer bar is awfully low for effective/efficient pushing, and I would guess the round-ish, slightly higher bar would be only marginally better.

FYI, I wrestled with the whole push handle thing (please remove your hands from my chair) on my ZR and, having full torso strength, went without.

Worked out well – when in need of assist, a request for a hand or two to the shoulders works just fine for me and my chosen pusher.

I'll be curious to hear more about this back. We are strongly considering an ADI carbon fiber back, but the price seems much more reasonable for a Round Betty.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Thanks to Erick for the photos and Big for requesting for them. Agree with Big, the 4" deep rigidizer bar is a safer bet to go with the CF back.
    C5-C6 ASIA C - October 15, 1984
    Tilite ZRA Series 2
    The DIGITAL AWAKENING
    Living One Day At A Time
    www.petertan.com/blog/