Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Best Opioid/Non Traditional Med for Central Neuropathic Pain

Yep! We hurt all day every day. Take solice in knowing that there is a mad scientist in the lab right now mixing up the next mind and body numbing concoction to rape us with at the pharmacy register. We may live forever.

Perhaps look into spinal tethering as a cause

I know this is a late response, but I have the same burning sensations. It's weird cuz it seems to be every other day that I feel the burning. I'm going on 5 years in a chair now and haven't found anything that helps with the burning. Gabapentin seemed to work a little but that was it. I've found that the only thing that REALLY helps with my spasms and muscle stiffness if Oxycodone. Only problem with that is getting your doctor to prescribe it. Well if your doc is anything like mine at least. I'm prescribed 10/5mg oxycodones/day and that's all she says she feels comfortable giving me. Unfortunately my body requires 15 - 20mg more per day (if I wanna be comfortable throughout the day) So I've been having to spend up to $400/month to pay street value. Time for a new doc I'm thinking. So anyway, if you haven't tried percocet/oxycodone for the symtoms you've decribed you should definitely give it a shot. I started taking 2 at a time at first, and am now taking 3 at a time. Best of luck, and if you find a solution for the burning I'd love to know so I can get rid of it as well.

fwiw i triedd ketamine nothing but the K hole. My doc knows a research project, tried to get me in, was for amputees, asked for a compassionate exemption, ketamine coma, tries to rewire/reset the neural system.

net didn't get it the researcher foun zero efficacy for CP or other severe neuro pain, did have meaningful results with phantom pain. havent kept up with the study.

Jim, still looking at lithium, in the middle of experimental midazolam IT infusion and doc wont do both.

there is also a study in denver the key compound is Naloxone, brain not engaged post last friday's surgry, but thr compound is a left/right and while not seperated one side has an effect on the glial system. worth a try HOWEVER cannot be combined with opiates.

i am opiate free, never helped in any form.

ket

Quote Originally Posted by chr1scompton View Post
    I know this is a late response, but I have the same burning sensations. It's weird cuz it seems to be every other day that I feel the burning. I'm going on 5 years in a chair now and haven't found anything that helps with the burning. Gabapentin seemed to work a little but that was it. I've found that the only thing that REALLY helps with my spasms and muscle stiffness if Oxycodone. Only problem with that is getting your doctor to prescribe it. Well if your doc is anything like mine at least. I'm prescribed 10/5mg oxycodones/day and that's all she says she feels comfortable giving me. Unfortunately my body requires 15 - 20mg more per day (if I wanna be comfortable throughout the day) So I've been having to spend up to $400/month to pay street value. Time for a new doc I'm thinking. So anyway, if you haven't tried percocet/oxycodone for the symtoms you've decribed you should definitely give it a shot. I started taking 2 at a time at first, and am now taking 3 at a time. Best of luck, and if you find a solution for the burning I'd love to know so I can get rid of it as well.
    I have great luck with Gabapentin, 400Mg 3x a day but my doctor (GP) does not want me to stop using either the HydroCodone 20/350 or the Fentanyl patch 25ML. "FOR me" low dose opiates plus Gaba work, I use my chair as well, though I can walk (if you want to call it that) with crutches for maybe 100 feet. The bends A nitrogen bubble according to one doctor (recently) destroyed the nerve coverings and has deteriorated over the years 40+ since the accident.

I have tried OxyCodone and while it is quickly effective, I do not like the feeling it gives me. I have a regemin I use daily, and while absolutely not 100% is effective enough for me to enjoy what life I have left, at 75. I don't want to see life through a mist. But I do not want to live it like I did for all those years I worked in pain. When I got the bends in 1972 I was recompressed until I was clear of the gassified nitrogen kept in the hospital until I could be declared of that nitrogen bubble and sent home, with no other treatment, or examination. In fact no matter how many questions I asked and from whom I received no treatment or even answers. I am thoroughly discouraged with the medical folks, few know or will admit they have no answers for what is now an old man like myself.