Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: New TR3

What do you mean by "they offer them"?
    Are they included in the package or do you have to ask for them?

I think you need to specifically ask for them (at the bottom of the order form).
    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    What do you mean by "they offer them"?
    Are they included in the package or do you have to ask for them?
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Quote Originally Posted by elarson View Post
    I think you need to specifically ask for them (at the bottom of the order form).
    It is a checkbox on the order form.

TRCBR9 ❑ Additional Spacers to Increase Rear Wheel Spacing NCO
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

That's really good! I'd check every NCO box that added something I could remove later, even if I didn't think I needed, at the time of order!

Spacers are very handy, especially the one's TiLite makes to fit their tubes.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianm View Post
    It is a checkbox on the order form.

TRCBR9 ❑ Additional Spacers to Increase Rear Wheel Spacing NCO
    Thanks I did not notice, it's even present in French form

curiousity, if anyone knows.. do these spacers go between the axle receiver and camber plug, or just on the wheels' quick-release axle? The latter would require adjusting the axle length when changing tires/adding or removing spacers.

Quote Originally Posted by tooley View Post
    curiousity, if anyone knows.. do these spacers go between the axle receiver and camber plug, or just on the wheels' quick-release axle? The latter would require adjusting the axle length when changing tires/adding or removing spacers.
    They go here:
    Attachment 47751

I have them installed on my chair in anticipation of the arrival of my winter tires, which are 2" wide. I usually run 1" tires.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

When I did ny order, initial spacer was included in price. Additional were a cost. I do not know the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    While I'm quite certain that TiLite does build frames in half-inch increments, I believe that, too, will result in upcharges, though I don't know how steep.
    yea, i ordered mine 1/2" longer, no upcharge.

I bought a demo TX on ebay because I needed a spare wheelchair, it's a 16x18 and my first TiLite, so it helped me to validate some specs of my future TR3 and give more time to order it.
    It also raised other questions like:
    • Side guards: my TX doesn't have ones and I will order some, could they be too flexible if removable (alu vs. carbon), can someone show a picture of fixed side guards?
    • Back upholstery: not a big fan of TX one (same on TR?), the large Velcro bands at the top of the backrest are not easy to tune and also I'm very used to have a back pocket to put my gloves (it seems to be a European chair thing)
    • RSH: I'm sitting little higher on TX than on my Joker despite same frame RSH, so probably my seat upholstery is too old and loose. So I'm considering keeping my current RSH and loosing the seat or reducing RSH by 0.5"
    • Space between backrest and wheel, at 0.75" wheels can touch my backpack straps, I may go for 1" or change the way I attach my backpack.