Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: New TR3

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    I still have a doubt about the space between wheel and backrest, I set it to 0.75" which works with Marathon Plus 25"x1" tires but I was thinking to have a second pair of wheels in 24" but with off road tires. What is the max tire width I can use with this 0.75" spacing? Should I prefer 1" space?
    Recalling conversations with Jimbo @ Sportaid, 1.95" and 2.1" off road tires will likely rub against all or any one of: back post, cushion, brake housing, when mounted on 0ΒΊ/.75" spacing. Of course you can ADD spacing when necessary rather than give away your more-important narrow track.

For my particular needs I didn't want the complication, went with a FreeWheel instead – which has worked out fine except in soft sand where throwing BIG tires into the mix would be a must.

OK it makes sense to me to keep 0.75".

So it sounds like my spec is finalized, thanks everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    I just found on order form that if I increase frame depth to 20" I should pay $475, that's not cool, can I ask for 19.5" ?
    I believe that is because at 20" they automatically include the reinforced frame...Reinforced Frame (No charge when Heavy Duty Edition or 20” Rear Seat Width A and 20” Seat Depth B are selected.)
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Right but reinforced frame is $300, anyway 19.5" was accepted and I already took reinforced frame.

nofuss....did not read entire link. I ran 1.95 and 2.1 on old chair. All I will say is, better have that rubbing taken care of before purchase. That will eat your cushion cover up in no time. And depending on your chair they will also eat your clothing up.

If you never used these tiress, you better be caeful. 1.95 not eat thing up as fast as 2.1. The rubbing, you better be a "genious" if things are setup close on your chair. You will end up needing to account for the compression your cushion is doing to account for the rubbing.
    Last edited by rlmtrhmiles; 12-21-2012 at 03:26 PM. Reason: typo

TiLite still offers free spacers to increase wheel spacing, don't they?

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    Yes...
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Good to know about spacers.

I added my legs in the position they are currently, maybe I should take 7" deep footrest in case I want to move feet backward.

As of 1 week ago, I am told that they still do offer them for free.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).