Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: New TR3

OK, I'll put a note about frame depth on order form but remember I'm French and must go order a French importer by filling up a translated form and by translated I mean not only language and measures (cm <-> inches) but they also removed one NCO I want.
    So, I guess I'll fill up the US form also and ask them to transmit it.

I'm also still waiting for an answer about the caster pin lock system, this is where I'd like to have direct communication with TiLite.
    Last edited by Big; 12-09-2012 at 07:41 AM.

Nofuss, I plan to take 0° camber also for doorways.
    I thought my current chair was 0° but I just measured it at 1.7° (not easy to do accurately, so probably 2°), I'll check with my dealer if he still has the order form.

My legs are heavier than most paras so it may not be that tippy.
    My Joker is quite tippy right now because backrest angle is 100° after all the issues I had with it but I'm used to it.
    Adjusting the COG on TR seems much easier, that's why I don't order a round rear frame.
    Last edited by Big; 12-09-2012 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    I remember having a conversation with TiLite about "in between" measurements at the time I was ordering my ZR2 and was told that they can do them but that it requires special tooling and, so, cost more. It struck me as silly, but what do I know. If they've subsequently waived additional charges for ordering "in between" measurements then that's a very good thing. But if this is truly the case, why not reflect it on the order forms?
    I do not know their process in building a chair, but it would seem to me it is just measurements, but as you say, "what do I know".

I can't speak to why their order form doesn't reflect the ability to do this, I can only say I wrote in +3/4" and they sent back a note to my DME to verify. We did and that was the end of it. They don't say you can't on the form.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Final specs which have evolved a lot last week with your valuable inputs:

TiLite TR SERIES 3
    REINFORCED FRAME
    SATIN FRAME FINISH
    BLACK ANODIZE PACKAGE STD
    16" SEAT WIDTH
    NO SEAT TAPER - V-FRONT
    18" SEAT DEPTH
    19.5" CUSTOM FRAME DEPTH
    19.5" FRONT SEAT HEIGHT
    17" REAR SEAT HEIGHT
    80 DEGREE FRONT ANGLE
    17" SEAT TO FOOTREST
    11" V-FRONT TAPER
    TITANIUM FOOTREST w/Flat ABS COVER
    NO PUSH HANDLES
    NON FOLDING BACK
    16.5" SEAT BACK HEIGHT
    95 DEGREE SEAT BACK ANGLE
    4" DEEP BACKREST RIGIDIZER BAR
    2.25" CENTER OF GRAVITY
    .75" REAR WHEEL SPACING
    NO CAMBER
    5" FRONT WHEELS - 1.5 " PLASTIC W/POLY CASTERS
    25" WHEEL SIZE
    TILITE SHADOW WHEELS
    STAINLESS QUICK RELEASE AXLES
    SCHWALBE MARATHON EVOL TIRES
    HANDRIMS THE SURGE - SHORT HANDRIM TABS
    COMPOSITE SCISSOR LOCKS
    TENSION ADJ BY STRAP BACK UPH
    TENSION ADJ BY STRAP SEAT UPH
    ALUMINIUM FIBER SIDE GUARDS
    QUAD REMOVABLE STANDARD

I'm still waiting for an answer from TiLite about the caster pin locks.
    I will replace the front wheels by softrolls that I already own if I don't find them comfortable enough.

I got my 2nd CAD drawing.
    • overall length increased by 0.3" after changing wheels from 24" to 25", front angle from 75° to 80°, adding 1.5" to frame depth
    • overall width increased by 0.2" after changing seat width from 15" to 16" and decreasing camber from 2° to 0°
    • space between forks decreased from 18" to 17.7" maybe because of changing tapered front to v-front

I still have a doubt about the space between wheel and backrest, I set it to 0.75" which works with Marathon Plus 25"x1" tires but I was thinking to have a second pair of wheels in 24" but with off road tires. What is the max tire width I can use with this 0.75" spacing? Should I prefer 1" space?
    Last edited by Big; 12-20-2012 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nofuss View Post
    Check, same hand size and short tabs/ for certain doorways.

A thought: I'm 6'2", 180# riding a 16.5RSH/19 FSH/16W//2"cushion and find the ride not the least bit tippy BUT ...
    ... might your narrow, 6'4", 240#, considerably higher and heavier COM set on a 1/2" higher 17RSH/19.5FSH/16W/ platform topped by a taller cushion result in a possibly too tippy TR3?

I have NO idea. Just posing the question. Maybe a resident expert will chime in.

PS – when you finish your prep, you're going to have a killer chair!
    What back angle do you use?
    I don't have an SCI--I have generalized weakness (PPMS) with POTS and gait problems.

tauble – seat back angle 92º to FLOOR, 2º aft of 90º vertical.

We have the same problem here in Holland with order forms. Mostly it is because they are out od date. Fill out the US order form also. Your dealer will be quoted based on the US order form, and it is not right that you are charged more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    OK, I'll put a note about frame depth on order form but remember I'm French and must go order a French importer by filling up a translated form and by translated I mean not only language and measures (cm <-> inches) but they also removed one NCO I want.
    So, I guess I'll fill up the US form also and ask them to transmit it.

I'm also still waiting for an answer about the caster pin lock system, this is where I'd like to have direct communication with TiLite.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

I was just sent a CAD drawing showing 19.625 for the frame depth, so I think the answer is yes. Why not try 19.9 and see what they say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    I just found on order form that if I increase frame depth to 20" I should pay $475, that's not cool, can I ask for 19.5" ?
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

I agree about being more clear on the order forms. Especially for those of us converting from centimetres, it would be easier to get the right fit. It also causes us delays, with back-and-forth with dealers, who we are not sure have the correct information.
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    I remember having a conversation with TiLite about "in between" measurements at the time I was ordering my ZR2 and was told that they can do them but that it requires special tooling and, so, cost more. It struck me as silly, but what do I know. If they've subsequently waived additional charges for ordering "in between" measurements then that's a very good thing. But if this is truly the case, why not reflect it on the order forms?