Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: New TR3

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    T
    Stephen, I don't like my feet to be tucked under the chair, it causes spasms in my legs probably because blood flow is not that great in the ankles. So for me, getting a deeper footplate would mean increasing the seat depth. I would not want to end up with a chair too long, I need to think more about it.
    You may not need or want a deeper footplate. Regardless, it doesn't follow that a deeper a footrest requires greater seat depth; one is completely independent of the other.

Stephen, how did you order custom footplate depth?
    I could not find it in order form options.

My current footplate is 15/16 inch thick (tube + plate), how thick is TR's footrest?
    See the Notes section at the bottom of the order form; it's where you can request custom specs, which may or may not incur an upcharge.

The tube diameter on the ZR footplate is .75". I'm sure it's the same on the TR.

... Regarding efficient push, I must admit that I use both rims and wheels; for this chair I want to have Surge rims to push only on rim, so 25" wheels may help too.
    Also mostly push both rim and tire, 25"wheels/Surge LTs/average-plus hands here. My LTs on short tabs give a PERFECT spread for working both rim and tire. The other side of this equation is the LT might be a little too (top-to-bottom) narrow, the short tabs a little too close to the spokes for continuous rim-only pushing – where the full-size rim on long tabs would be a better fit.

Just FYI – as once a tire grabber maybe always a Tire Grabber. ;]

I tried Natural Fit LT and felt they were little too small for me, I like the Surge design, so I was going for the normal Surge not LT.

According to this guide my hand width is 9 and length is 8 1/16 inches.

I would prefer short tabs to avoid too wide chair.

I tried Natural Fit LT and felt they were little too small for me, I like the Surge design, so I was going for the normal Surge not LT.

My preference is for long tabs. With short tabs I found that my fingers -- my thumb mostly, I recall -- would sometimes jam between the push rim and the wheel.

I just found on order form that if I increase frame depth to 20" I should pay $475, that's not cool, can I ask for 19.5" ?

I just found on order form that if I increase frame depth to 20" I should pay $475, that's not cool, can I ask for 19.5" ?
    Yes....
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Quote Originally Posted by Brianm View Post
    Yes....
    While I'm quite certain that TiLite does build frames in half-inch increments, I believe that, too, will result in upcharges, though I don't know how steep.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    While I'm quite certain that TiLite does build frames in half-inch increments, I believe that, too, will result in upcharges, though I don't know how steep.
    I ordered my TR3 with +3/4" with no charge, they simply asked to verify.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Quote Originally Posted by Brianm View Post
    I ordered my TR3 with +3/4" with no charge, they simply asked to verify.
    I remember having a conversation with TiLite about "in between" measurements at the time I was ordering my ZR2 and was told that they can do them but that it requires special tooling and, so, cost more. It struck me as silly, but what do I know. If they've subsequently waived additional charges for ordering "in between" measurements then that's a very good thing. But if this is truly the case, why not reflect it on the order forms?

Check, same hand size and short tabs/ for certain doorways.

A thought: I'm 6'2", 180# riding a 16.5RSH/19 FSH/16W//2"cushion and find the ride not the least bit tippy BUT ...
    ... might your narrow, 6'4", 240#, considerably higher and heavier COM set on a 1/2" higher 17RSH/19.5FSH/16W/ platform topped by a taller cushion result in a possibly too tippy TR3?

I have NO idea. Just posing the question. Maybe a resident expert will chime in.

PS – when you finish your prep, you're going to have a killer chair!