Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: New TR3

Final CAD drawing

This is the final CAD drawing, I just signed it though I did not understand what they mean with note #2.

Looks good, with one potential concern, if I were ordering. 16" is tall for non-folding back rest. Do you load this chair much? ~14" is just on the edge of what I can manage without folding, when loading into car, and that's not graceful and contact free with the interior. 12" is no problem, but I couldn't manage loading a 16" with fixed handles without folding. YMMV.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

I load/unload twice a day for work and I tested that I could do it in my Volvo with 16.5" of my current chair that has also fixed side guards (really the worst case). In my wife's car (a Mazda 5) it's even easier because of sliding doors.
    Later, I may switch to rigid backrest and plan to lower the back posts and handles as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    I load/unload twice a day for work and I tested that I could do it in my Volvo with 16.5" of my current chair that has also fixed side guards (really the worst case). In my wife's car (a Mazda 5) it's even easier because of sliding doors.
    Later, I may switch to rigid backrest and plan to lower the back posts and handles as much as possible.
    i run a welded 16 high back on my tr2 with fixed side guards, fits over me in my volvo fine.

to answer your question, the higher back is why the rigidizer bar is welded higher. i actually prefer it.

only thing that gives a red flag is the square frame, the rounded frame is easier to load and looks better.

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    This is the final CAD drawing, I just signed it though I did not understand what they mean with note #2.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    i run a welded 16 high back on my tr2 with fixed side guards, fits over me in my volvo fine.

to answer your question, the higher back is why the rigidizer bar is welded higher. i actually prefer it.

only thing that gives a red flag is the square frame, the rounded frame is easier to load and looks better.

Agreed, I can't make out the meaning of note #2. Total head scratcher. I would ask for an explanation. (John: the CAD note suggests that there is a range of rigidizer height. Of course it's fixed, so how it can it be between 13.5" to 16.5"?)

I would also request the OFL dimension so that you will know it going forward to your next chair sometime in the future. (Seriously, why don't they just automatically include this measurement in every CAD?)

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post

I also like the rigidizer bar higher, it makes backrest stronger.

I would have liked to get the rounded frame too but was not sure about the COG so I preferred to keep maximum adjustability here.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Agreed, I can't make out the meaning of note #2. Total head scratcher. I would ask for an explanation. (John: the CAD note suggests that there is a range of rigidizer height. Of course it's fixed, so how it can it be between 13.5" to 16.5"?)

I would also request the OFL dimension so that you will know it going forward to your next chair sometime in the future. (Seriously, why don't they just automatically include this measurement in every CAD?)
    I thought that this note was referring to the backrest adjustable height as it is exactly its range: 13.5" to 16.5".

I did request them to include the OFL but did not get it, maybe the French rep did not pass my request.

OFL = Overall Length minus half wheel diameter plus axle position (CoG) =

35.2 - 12.5 + 2.75 ~= 25.5" (+/- 1.0)

Attachment 48428
    Last edited by chasmengr; 01-31-2013 at 12:09 PM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post

Attachment 48428
    Problem is that a 25" wheel isn't an actual 25" -- it's less, by as much as an 1" less. Measure the radius of your wheel and see for yourself.

(Note: the OFL does not factor in the size of the wheel.)

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post

Should the wheel diameter include tire height? In my case 1"