Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: New TR3

Nice pics. Thanks
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

You look comfortable, must be a good sign.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by nofuss View Post
    I'm 25"/SurgeLT/short tab and I'm very curious – how comfortable are your hands and how does the 'power' feel when gripping tire AND long tab standard Surge rims with a full hand spread?.
    I have the Surge (not LT) with long tabs, my hands are large enough to grip both the rim and tire but it does not bring any additional power feel. I can do it but it's just useless as the rims are really fitting my hands.

Yesterday, I tried my old wheels with standard pushrims and it was really painful pushing even indoor, I was forced to push on tire again to avoid slipping.

Some other photos of chair alone.

For those who wonder what footrest width they should choose to attach a FreeWheel: mine is 11" and as you can see probably I could have narrowed it to 10.5" but I guess that 11" makes it easier to attach and less risk to hurt my ankles

Lookin' good!

I'm waiting order confirmation for mine TR3

Waiting for prosthetics to approve my TR3 also. the VA is also having a freewheel demo exhibit in 2 weeks. Never tried one, how do you like yours Big? I only know what I've seen on youtube. How often do you use yours?

Mike, I use it everyday at work because my new team tends to lunch at a different restaurant each day and I'm still learning the paths. Two days ago, they went through an offroad shortcut, a short one (30 feet long), I was able to manage it by myself with the FreeWheel otherwise I would have needed assistance. It also has a lower rolling resistance than casters.

However, there's one thing that is not so good about it: the storage perch on the crossbar on the back of your chair. While it's easy to detach the FW from it, it's not that easy to attach it. Also when going down a curb in a wheelie, mine touched the top of the curb and disengaged.
    If I'd know that when I specified my TR3, I would have required the crossbar to be welded higher as it is proposed on the order form.

So, now I prefer to let the FreeWheel in the trunk of my car rather than carrying it in my back all day long.

Thanks Big. I'm hoping they work just as well for me. I plan on using them with my wijit chair which I use a few hours a day to exercise at a park down the street from where I live. I don't plan on hooking it to my chair and taking it with me everywhere I go. My trips are usually planned, so I'll only be taking it with me when I'm certain I'm going to use it. thanks for your reply much appreciated.

After 6 weeks using my TR3, I'm still happy with it but I regret that I did not order the caster pin locks, it really helps stabilizing the chair while transferring especially outdoor when the ground is uneven.
    The sad thing is that this option was proposed to me at an outrageous price: $750 and since I've found that a British friend got them for a TR3 for $250 9 months before, here is a photo.
    I'll try to find out who is the culprit: TiLite or their French importer.