Thread: What do you enjoy about listening to music?

Blog Entries

What do you enjoy about listening to music?

I thanked an artist for his show and said I enjoyed his music, and he surprised me by asking what it was I liked about it. "It makes me feel things, transports me places." Can you articulate a better appreciation of the artistic result, either in its creation or delivery? Are there joys I am missing? How might you have answered the question?

Enjoyment of music does make you feel things and transport you places. I like your answer. Whether its instrumental or accompanied with lyrics, music can trigger memories of good times or bad times or contemplation of different times or outcomes. It can make you laugh or cry or less alone because you feel you are sharing or have shared similar experiences. It can also just feel good to see someone doing something well or having a good time themselves.
    Injured 7-22-06, T-11 T-12 complete. [Holds up cardboard sign] "Will work for returns."
    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.