Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tablet question-Samsung/google

tablet question-Samsung/google

I'm looking at getting a tablet and would appreciate any input. I'd prefer to keep the price under $300 which essentially means I'm getting a droid tablet of some kind. Specifically I'm interested in the Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0 at a price of $179. This one seems to give you the most bang for your buck, but there's also the google nexus 7 for $199. I'm also tempted to go bigger and get the Samsung Galaxy tab 2 10in.... which is on sale for $299. My phone is a droid so I'm somewhat familiar with how they work. I'll want to use voice input for the majority of my typing, but I'll be able to operate the keyboard by hand to some extent.
    This is my first tablet and I'm slightly intimidated by the number of manufacturers and options. The fact that Samsung has these on sale for so much less than alot of its competitors also has me slightly worried Does anyone have experience with any of these devices?

Don't have a lot of time to go into details, but if you compare the specs of the Nexus 7 versus the Galaxy tab you'll see that the Nexus is a huge step up as far as screen resolution, processor, runs the latest operating system, etc., etc. I wouldn't consider the Galaxy tab considering the pricing and specs of the new Google pieces.

Just do a Google search for Samsung Galaxy 7 inch tablet versus Google Nexus 7. All kinds of reviews/articles showing which is the top one.
    I am the Quad in Quadomated. Come read about Life and Technology through the Eyes of a Quad
    http://www.Quadomated.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Chassmain View Post
    Don't have a lot of time to go into details, but if you compare the specs of the Nexus 7 versus the Galaxy tab you'll see that the Nexus is a huge step up as far as screen resolution, processor, runs the latest operating system, etc., etc. I wouldn't consider the Galaxy tab considering the pricing and specs of the new Google pieces.

Just do a Google search for Samsung Galaxy 7 inch tablet versus Google Nexus 7. All kinds of reviews/articles showing which is the top one.
    thank you

also heard that full voice operation like dragon doesn't work. Same boat as you but not as concerned about price points. Just want something that works. good luck Bruce

Don't disregard the Kindle Fire HD until you watch this, gives you a good idea of the tablet best suited to your requirements.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlC8pr5rY0o

I bought a refurbished Asus TFT 101 and I've had issues with Android. It appears to be a programmer's favourite ... but I'm still having trouble updating from Honeycomb to JellyBean! lol

Plus, the touch screen is not as sensitive along the outsides. The other might be better though?
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Been using nexus 10 for about a week and love it.

It will do everything my laptop will.

Can get 16 or 32 gb versions. Get the cheeper 16gb and with a $2.00 cable will take any external memory, mouse, keyboard, or hard drive. The built in voice is not to bad. I have been using Dragon for years.

The screen res is great and the unit is light to hold with limited hand function. The back has a plastic that grips.

The units are wifi only.
    Darwin wants me dead

Quote Originally Posted by bruceofmaui View Post
    also heard that full voice operation like dragon doesn't work. Same boat as you but not as concerned about price points. Just want something that works. good luck Bruce
    I believe the droid operating systems will let you dictate by voice for about anything that dragon would have... it uses google's voice service though so you have to be connected to the Internet

Banned
    Vote for the Nexus 7

In all honesty I'd just spend the extra money and go with the Apple, heck you can get a mini for only $329.00 and it has the same power as the larger tablets. The touch screen is amazing and the software the best. It is something you'd never look back to regret. For an extra $100.00 it might be worth it to upgrade to the 32 gig storage. Myself, I don't like any of those others, especially the Kindle.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred