Thread: Smith machines?

Smith machines?

Does anyone have any info on these?

Sorry. What is difference between this forum and just Equipment forum?

Assume you are asking for input from those who use this exercise equipment for exercise, so moved it here. Are you planning to use it for something else?

(KLD)

I built a gym in my new home. I have a smith machine by Tuff Stuff. Great equipment. I purchased mine from a company in Wilkes Barre Pa. I bought a shoulder Press, Cable Machine and the smith machine. All work great and the price is right. I have had all the equipment over the last few years with no problems. Feel free to email me for company information at joemonte@nep.net.
    Best Regards,
    Joe

I have a high school friend going out of business. I am in process of rebuilding strength abdomen to toes along with all the coordination required to make it happen. I do not use a therapist. I have gotten lower body toe toes doing a ton of things. I do squats but are required with 1 meaning arm hold. I have done all of this like a baby, mimimal to zero range in motion and strength. I increase these when I feel capable/or time to do it. This approach has done tons. This machine looks as if something that would fit this approach with advantage of providing stability. Am not afraid falling. It gives me practice getting up. A HUGE piece of info not discssed here, I have had abdomen all but rebuilt from injury - skin graphs that other problems, even bowel bag that was reversed because of leaking, with skin stretched and sewed back up.

Botton line, this appears something I could use improve strength at a minimal abdomen to toes with assistace of arms and gradually remove arms from that routine transferring all to legs.

a smith machine can be used for many exercises.. shoulder shrugs, seated overhead press, bench press, incline bench press, squats... the bar is inside what u can call a track with a hook on each end, you grab the bar and lift slightly and rotate bar, it is now free and in your total control, if you release it.. IT WILL fall to the floor, after your reps, you simply rotate the bar opposite way and the hooks grab and hold the bar in the spot.. it can be hooked at different levels depending on what exercise your doing
    - Rolling Thru Life -

Am going to see what my friend will say. We have had some discussion. The one he is selling he said has some hooks on, that I think hold the barbells, could be somewhat dangerous. I want ot see what he tell me is minimal weight ot start with his.

Quote Originally Posted by rlmtrhmiles View Post
    Am going to see what my friend will say. We have had some discussion. The one he is selling he said has some hooks on, that I think hold the barbells, could be somewhat dangerous. I want ot see what he tell me is minimal weight ot start with his.
    On a smith machine you need regular weight "plates" that slide on just like a regular olympic bar... weights dont "hook" on...
    - Rolling Thru Life -

I had started looking into one not long before I saw this post and just found a used one somewhat close to me. I do some welding and had planed on building a rack with front and back stops so it would be totally free weight but you couldnt go to far forward. I have never used one but came across it while looking for weight plates and because the only time I remember straining my shoulders was going forward or back to far I thought it would work well. This one also has adjustable limiters for how far down you can go. I'll fill in more after i use it some.

I have an American made smith machine called Tuff Stuff. I bought it from a distributor in Wilkes Barre, Pa. Great unit . It is a perfectly balanced zero bar. Very smooth. I would highly recommend it. Chuck Molinari is his name with complete Fitness equipment.
    His number is 570-823-1410. His email is treadmillchuck@hotmail.com. His website is
    completefitnessequipmentpa.com
    Feel free to use my name. I know him well. My email is joemonte@nep.net. I purchased a cable machine and shoulder press from him too. I really like the TuffStuff products.
    Best Regards,
    Joe Monteforte