Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2004 vs 2005

I think it is going to take more of a coming together of the disabled community and demanding action rather than the average a/b person thinking, oh, everything is just fine and dandy. Probabley over 300,000 Spinal Cord Injured persons in the US alone and maybe only around 10 to 20 thousand actively pushing for a cure, maybe another 20-30 thousand just bitching about it, but not really doing anything constructive to raise public awareness of our plight and the need for funds for research.

I was thinking about this last night when I was watching a movie about Martin Luther King and the Civil rights movement. It really took a coming together of all black people to demand action be taken to get rid of segregation back in the sixties. SCI, same thing. We have to demand our right to Curative therapies and make AB people realise it could be them or one of their loved ones next.

Curt, it is very unlikely if you are AB to happen to you given that 10,000 people a year out of 300,000,000 get injured. You can understand why they are more scared of heart attacks and cancer.

We were extremely unlucky to get an extremely rare, incurable, stuff of nightmares, condition.

Originally posted by Schmeky:

DA knows something that the rest of us don't
    Information is not a priviledge. DA is making predictions based on his interpretation of available data. We all do this, there's nothing wrong with it.
    not true. i know something. several months back, i bumped my head knocking me out. i awoke in the future. i was able to walk. so i walked to the library to look up the history of sci research. i found the first fda approved cure for sci paralysis was approved in 2011. however i wanted to know when the first clinical trial started returning large amount of function. it said 2005. i said to myself, "see, i was right again." then i noticed out the window several police officers beating this guy and forcing him to hug a tree. i turned to the next person and said, "what's going on."
    the lady said,"oh, that guy must not be abiding by the new law.
    "what new law", i said.
    "hug all tree's.", she said
    "who idea was that law", i said
    "the president of the usa"
    then she showed me a picture of faye....then i back in present day.

Maybe thats why Faye went to Washington this week

Originally posted by DA:

"who idea was that law", i said
    "the president of the usa"
    then she showed me a picture of faye....then i back in present day.
    THANK YOU for the compliment

Looks like we are finally going to have a female president in the United States!!

~Rational debate has become all but impossible as language is twisted to defend what was not so long ago regarded as indefensible by everyone but the most wild-eyed neo-fascist~ Pamela Troy

DA,

You need therapy.

Nah-He's trying to land a cabinet position!

Maybe he could head the gaming commission

FDA approved in 2011? Now the truth comes out just as I predicted. 2011 is just about right for third-generation therapies. We have six years to go people so keep your bodies in shape. DA, don't be bumping your head anymore, the last time you did that the full cure is supposedly only two months away.

We all need therapy.

Originally posted by Rollin Rick:

FDA approved in 2011? Now the truth comes out just as I predicted. 2011 is just about right for third-generation therapies. We have six years to go people so keep your bodies in shape. DA, don't be bumping your head anymore, the last time you did that the full cure is supposedly only two months away.
    rick you maybe the only ding-a-ling waiting for fda approved cure. i plan on getting treated much sooner.