Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2004 vs 2005

Just my opinion,
    I think they fast track what they themselves fear the most. Smallpox, Polio, HIV...
    It actually occurs to them that it could happen to them or their loved ones.
    The FDA ought to realize that SCI does kill. It may be a slower death, but many people end up committing suicide that can't handle it, or they die of the complications of it like Christopher Reeve did. I don't understand the slow pace of research either.

SCI is fatal...you all heard the guy from Cleveland who was on CNN with Dr. Young when Chris Reeve died, he said the average lifespan with someone with SCI is 8 years. That's a worse prognosis than being hiv positive. While we're on that topic, does anyone believe that Chris Reeve's exercise routine became detrimental to his body? Contributing to open wounds not given proper time to heal, leading to Sepsis, then death.
    Similar to drug cocktails therapy, it i more effective to treat early as possible, like SCI. The snail's pace of research has single handedly excluded all of us from ever getting better, making our SCI more chronic and beyond repair day by day. I feel like suing to get my thousands of dollars back, I've been ripped off, taken for a ride, help paid for someone's stupid career. THE MAJORITY OF US, WHETHER WE LIKE IT OR NOT HAVE BEEN EXPIRED FOR ANY THERAPY YEARS FROM NOW! I am writing here in the CURE forum because I want an answer to where my money went, when scientists continually whine about lack of funds. I've given and given for 5 years straight, only haven to been lead down a cruel road of false hope and hype. I have lost all respect for every scientist, excluding some of the guys in South Korea and China, who have been far more pioneering and caring with not a fraction of the funds American researchers have gotten. It's nothing but, " our hands are tied by lack of organized funding and limits to research testing". If you really care as much as you say, then leave this country and go work in a more hospitable environment, leaving your ego at the door.

sherman brayton

If you would lobby, write letters, get on the news with the same "we're all going to hell and there is nothing to be done about it" mantra, you would be a valuable tool instead of just a tool.

Stop preaching hellfire and dispair to the choir, find some legislators to harass and
    go to town.

J.

8 years of SCIlifetime??? in your world maybe, in my country quads live as long as rest of people, i know high-quads 50, 40, 30 years injured.

excuse my english.

NODEFAC-

Please grow up! What in the hell do you think I've been doing for 5 years! I've even lobbied directly with Bush's brother face to face! I've tagged down Senator Clinton on the street in Chappaqua, NY, I've pleaded with previous Florida Congressman Poter Goss over lunch before he became CIA chief in Sanibel, Fl. To imply my bitching and raving is not supported from bitter experience is absurd! To call me a tool is shooting yourself in the foot, you're too dumb to figure it out! I've stated our cause to individuals you'd most likely never get in contact with, ever!

sherman brayton

Originally posted by NoDafPlz:

If you would lobby, write letters, get on the news with the same "we're all going to hell and there is nothing to be done about it" mantra, you would be a valuable tool instead of just a tool.

Stop preaching hellfire and dispair to the choir, find some legislators to harass and
    go to town.

J.
    NODEFAC-

You'd have to be pretty dumb not to see what Brayton has accomplished during the last 5 five years. But remember this, having an opinion just makes you the monkey's uncle. If you pop off, especially with a statement as ridiculous as " Stop preaching hellfire and dispair to the choir," you should expect a torrent of hellfire equal to the stupidity of such a statement. If I were to say something as equally idiotic, I would expect nothing less from everyone on CareCure. Perhaps now you are beginning to see. It's not just a matter that such stupidity is an opinion, or a fact; it's just WRONG.

Ape shit on waffles to you, too, NocafPlz. Where'd you grow up, in a barn?

Ouch, NY Guido, pretty harsh.

I WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT A PERSON WITH SCI HAS ALMOST A NORMAL LIFESPAN AS A NON SCI PERSON DOES, IS THIS TRUE, OR WAS THIS JUST ANOTHER LIE TOLD TO ME??

Originally posted by davidh:

I WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT A PERSON WITH SCI HAS ALMOST A NORMAL LIFESPAN AS A NON SCI PERSON DOES, IS THIS TRUE, OR WAS THIS JUST ANOTHER LIE TOLD TO ME??
    I too have known people with SCI that are 20,even 30 yrs post.

"everyday above ground is a good day"

I know it's hard to imagine what it would be like to be dependant on a machine to breathe. There's alot that can go wrong. If the ventilator fails, someone has to bag you until another is brought in. Or maybe just a hose pulls loose...What if you couldn't afford round the clock care? Or had to be in a nursing home? I don't know, but it wouldn't surprise me if the doctor were talking about vent dependant quads when he gave the life span average.